Can someone recommend me a parking garage in Frederick for a few days?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    I’m meeting a buddy who lives in Virginia, Frederick is about the halfway point for us and I’d like to leave my truck in a parking garage for a few days, obviously overnight. Does anyone know of a safe place I can leave it? Thanks

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    I’d say the garage downtown by the courthouse and library. I don’t know if they allow multiple days though

kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    Thanks a lot for that info. I should be more specific to add that I need someplace that’s close to rt70. I don’t care if it’s private or public. Maybe a hotel parking garage? Anything that’s safe works for me

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    For a parking garage, your options are the garages in downtown Frederick.

There are no hotels with parking garages. Frederick isn’t big enough for that. Our hotels have parking lots.

And the whole town is close to I-70

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    There are a couple apps for that.... Park wiz is one. Not sure if there work in Fredneck...

Clump

Sep 19, 2008
    Felton, DE
    I'm about 1 mile from I-70. You can park in the street in front of my house if you want. It's not a garage, but it's in a neighborhood and very safe. And it's free!

PM me for the address if you want.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    You have plenty of “park n ride” lots available along I70 from Myersville exit all the way down to Urbana. Like GunBun said all garages are downtown. Multiple hotel parking lots available off I270/85. Maybe a hotel will let you park for a few days.

Attachments

• 59E555B4-77F3-43B8-8D06-3EE37D1309A1.jpg
      59E555B4-77F3-43B8-8D06-3EE37D1309A1.jpg
      39.9 KB · Views: 296

salopez

Apr 11, 2011
    Mt airy Md
    My shop is right off 7p in mt airy. 24 7 cameras and we are in and out all times of the day if you want to use my parking lot

kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    Thanks a lot guys, especially those offering but I don’t want to impose so I’ll keep looking. Downtown might be a good fit.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Thanks a lot guys, especially those offering but I don’t want to impose so I’ll keep looking. Downtown might be a good fit.

My perception would be that downtown to be a safer "storage" than a park and ride. Maybe I'm wrong (wouldn't be the first time)

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    You have plenty of “park n ride” lots available along I70 from Myersville exit all the way down to Urbana. Like GunBun said all garages are downtown. Multiple hotel parking lots available off I270/85. Maybe a hotel will let you park for a few days.

I would avoid the park n ride locations for long-term parking. I haven't heard about it happening in awhile but they were having problems with catalytic converters being cut off cars for the platinum while the owners were at work...and that was daytime.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

If you want to park in the driveway at my house in Frederick, it is between the 2 easiest on/off ramps to get onto I-70 on the east side of Frederick. Nice, quiet neighborhood, with neighbors that keep an eye out for each other. LMK, it is not far, to the east of the Frederick MVA. PM if you want to use the place. Big enough driveway for you to park in without causing any problems.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    My perception would be that downtown to be a safer "storage" than a park and ride. Maybe I'm wrong (wouldn't be the first time)

Garages downtown after normal operating hours turns into a serious chit show. You wouldn't believe some of the things I witnessed or was told about by friends that had to work late in downtown had happen to them in those garages. The garages in my eyes are a no effing way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom