• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    That's a really unique looking dog though. Who knows what some whacko could have seen and decided they wanted. You would also think it would take a lot of nerve to go back into a neighborhood in Glen Burnie and steal a dog out of its backyard in broad daylight yet we dealt with a number of cases like that in Northern. Plus (and let's not go off track here people please) they do look like fancy brindle pit bull mixes, to me anyway. And there's a lot of assholes who would I'm sure just love to have a dog like that as a "status symbol" and don't really care that it belongs to someone else. Wherever she wound up like I said I hope it's not as a bait dog.

The odd thing is, there isn't very much 'drive through' traffic there where someone would spot and covet the dog. I agree with the desirable markings on the pooches. Maybe a random theft where the perp was working someplace nearby and spotted them.

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    Someone ever shot my dogs and as god is my witness, their world
    ( and mine)is about to come un-f***ing hinged. And I will leave it at that. :mad54:

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    what if the dog was attacking someone? a kid perhaps...

if the dog is threatening your family on your property- it's fair game.

I treat dogs like I do police officers. They receive the benefit of the doubt until proven that they were in the wrong. Most humans are bigger idiots and dogs. Especially if these were family pets and well cared for. If the dogs attacked someone, there would be a police report and likely a hospital visit or some sort.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    The perp will get his eventually.

Attachments

• German-Shepard mad.jpg
      German-Shepard mad.jpg
      35.1 KB · Views: 202
    • gsd with gun.jpg
      gsd with gun.jpg
      169.3 KB · Views: 218

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Well, that leaves out farm land/live stock harassment. That's residential. No one heard anything? WTF?

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Well, that leaves out farm land/live stock harassment. That's residential. No one heard anything? WTF?

The pin is at the block where the owner lives, the arrow denotes the water treatment plant. Lots of fields and rural properties in between. It may just have been that someone had it with this 'pack of wild dogs' that kept coming into his property. Considering the emotional reaction you will get if you take any kind of action against a dog, I can understand why they may not be volunteering that information.

Attachments

• Love_Point.jpg
      Love_Point.jpg
      33.8 KB · Views: 138

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    The pin is at the block where the owner lives, the arrow denotes the water treatment plant. Lots of fields and rural properties in between. It may just have been that someone had it with this 'pack of wild dogs' that kept coming into his property. Considering the emotional reaction you will get if you take any kind of action against a dog, I can understand why they may not be volunteering that information.

So he got so mad he shot it on the property of the water treatment plant? Of course the dog could have been shot elsewhere and ran there to die but doesn't sound likely to me. Possibly the dogs were out loose and shouldn't have been, I'll admit that. But it sounds to me more like some ******* who saw a stray dog and figured he could get away with shooting her, and did. I've met more than one person in my life who will shoot any stray dog they see when they're out in the woods. They''re generally the same kind of people who go out back and shoot birds with BB guns just for jollies and didn't have a lot of friends in school.

Especially with four dogs now being killed recently in that area according to the article. A lot of people in farming communities tend to let their dogs run during the day if they're dogs that have a track record of leaving the livestock alone. Not saying it's right or wrong, just the way it is. People know who their dogs are and who the neighbors' dogs are and no one is eaten alive by these bloodthirsty roving mongrels who go out and play all day in the fields. Somebody even shot my daughter's shepherd with a BB gun or .22 while he was on their own farm property in Florida. Fortunately he survived with a hole in his coat. No idea who, probably just another clown trespassing who appointed himself the dog killing police.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    There is certainly no shortage of idiots that own .22s that think shooting dogs and cats is ok. My MILs cat was shot while in the backyard of her property years ago. Fortunately, the shot went straight through her leg and just grazed the bone. My MIL heard the shot and saw the cat limping outside. A quick trip to the vet got her bandaged up and a police report was filed.

Sadly, a .22 will kill most dogs and cats in the most inhumane slow and agonizing death. Many times the animal will crawl off and hide several hundred yards from where the shooting occurred. I would like to think there is a special place in Hell for the folks that will shoot a domesticated animal.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    So he got so mad he shot it on the property of the water treatment plant?

As I read it, there is no autopsy on the dead dog yet. So we don't know how the dog was shot and whether it was able to move after it was shot. The other pup made it all the way back to the owners porch, so the locations where they got shot could be anywhere between the plant and the home.

Possibly the dogs were out loose and shouldn't have been, I'll admit that. But it sounds to me more like some ******* who saw a stray dog and figured he could get away with shooting her, and did.

We know like none of that right ? Possible,even likely, but nothing we know at this point.

I've met more than one person in my life who will shoot any stray dog they see when they're out in the woods. They''re generally the same kind of people who go out back and shoot birds with BB guns just for jollies and didn't have a lot of friends in school.

A couple of years ago, in a state park in St Marys Co, the park rangers collared dog got out of his kennel. This was during blackpowder season and some amish guy apparently thought that any dog in the woods had to be eliminated. Just for good measure, he also cut the dogs throat:

http://news.maryland.gov/dnr/2016/0...animal-cruelty-in-death-of-dog-at-state-park/

Interestingly, his actions were not universally condemmed at the time. For the old-timers down that way, that's how it used to work. There was apparently a change in state law sometime in the last 10 years, but until then it was legal to shoot a stray. Not that I agree with it, but that kind of country-folk thinking is hard to to root out.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    We know like none of that right ? Possible,even likely, but nothing we know at this point.

Yes, as can be evidenced by my prefacing statement "sounds to me like...."

A couple of years ago, in a state park in St Marys Co, the park rangers collared dog got out of his kennel. This was during blackpowder season and some amish guy apparently thought that any dog in the woods had to be eliminated. Just for good measure, he also cut the dogs throat:

http://news.maryland.gov/dnr/2016/0...animal-cruelty-in-death-of-dog-at-state-park/

Interestingly, his actions were not universally condemmed at the time. For the old-timers down that way, that's how it used to work. There was apparently a change in state law sometime in the last 10 years, but until then it was legal to shoot a stray. Not that I agree with it, but that kind of country-folk thinking is hard to to root out.

Well, I don't live there but having grown up in the country I can't really think of any time it was ever normal to shoot any stray dog you saw in the woods and cut its throat. I remember the case in question and seemed to me like the guy was pretty universally despised by everyone that I heard talking about it anyway. I'm sure the Amish have their jerks too though just like everybody else.

Just my .02.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Well, I don't live there but having grown up in the country I can't really think of any time it was ever normal to shoot any stray dog you saw in the woods and cut its throat. I remember the case in question and seemed to me like the guy was pretty universally despised by everyone that I heard talking about it anyway. I'm sure the Amish have their jerks too though just like everybody else.

Just my .02.

The Amish treat dogs pretty much the same way farmers treat chickens. They're a revenue source only - kept in squalor, bred like livestock, and
    when they can't produce any more puppies they're slaughtered.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/wireStory?id=5572228

...sadly, nothing much has changed since this happened. Puppy mills are
    still rampant throughout Pennsylvania, especially Lancaster county, which
    is known as the puppy mill capital of America.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    The Amish treat dogs pretty much the same way farmers treat chickens. They're a revenue source only - kept in squalor, bred like livestock, and

when they can't produce any more puppies they're slaughtered.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/wireStory?id=5572228

...sadly, nothing much has changed since this happened. Puppy mills are

still rampant throughout Pennsylvania, especially Lancaster county, which

is known as the puppy mill capital of America.

Good to know. I'll be sure to avoid Amish goods and labor.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Those dogs may have been running some deer around in the field just north of the causeway and some do-gooder thought it was their responsibility to curb the problem. Theres alot of Western Shore/alt types who live in that area now and I know that sanctuary area by the bridge is an area of focus. Some of these leftist animal rights groups are nuts. Its okay for them to do something like that in theyre own minds. Dollar to a donut thats what happened there. Next time you go through there just stop by that field or surrounding area. Youll see what I mean. Or some dumbass kids who found the old mans rifle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom