• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I haven't been to Ocean City in 20-25 years but I have been roped into spending a weekend down there in March.

To my understanding, it's a tourist trap overrun with drunken teenagers and lowlifes of both foreign and domestic origin during the prime season and essentially dead outside of that time. Sound about right?

What's to see/do/experience during the offseason? I'm barely sane so I might run into the ocean in 40 degree weather just to say I did, but outside of that I expect to spend relatively little time on the beach. It might be March, but my ancestors hail from bogs. Prolonged sun exposure (read: more than minutes at a time) results in me crisping up to an embarrassing degree.

Anyway, what say y'all? As always, thanks for the input.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    To keep it real it's not really a bad town. Tons to do and see but it is over run with the best white trash Dundalk has to offer.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Fish, walk on the beach, ride your bicycle, eat food, have sex in a new to you hotel room. That's about it.
    Ocean City is good for what it is.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Are you 140 lbs, drive a cavalier, have spiratic tattoos, like a nice sized silver chain, and can't control your cussing in public?

Oh for five on that, thankfully.

Then again, you can take the boy out of Dundalk, but you can never take the Dundalk out of the boy.

Dammit, I'm going to end up getting drunk on Zima (it's coming back!) and wind up with a tramp stamp.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Didn't know it was even possible to get drunk on Zima.

Isn't OC got those Russians temps? I think they are only there during the tourist season (not now or March).

There's a couple weird laws about no tasers and no assisted knives; but you are probably up to speed on all that.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Fish Tails is always open and usually plays decent music. Decent food. Wife and I go down this time of year on occasion. We stay at the Hilton and live on room service.;)

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Ocean cities official tourist website wants you to know:

1) Hit the boardwalk. At just under three miles, the Ocean City, Maryland, boardwalk is a perfect family bike ride, an invigorating walk or run, or a relaxing tram ride. At night, the boardwalk comes to life with rides, arcades, performers and much more.

2) Indulge in our culinary delights. Ocean City restaurants serve up fresh seafood, boardwalk fries, Maryland crab cakes, hot, fresh pizza, juicy Delmarva fried chicken, sweet saltwater taffy and some of the finest dining in the Mid-Atlantic./files/managed/images/oceancitymarylandthingstodo.jpg

3) Catch the sun's ups and downs. Sunsets are spectacular on the bay as the sun sinks down along the western side of the island. And a glorious sunrise on the Ocean City beach is worth getting up early for.

4) Go back in time. Explore Ocean City, Maryland's colorful history at the Life-Saving Station Museum, or take a walking tour of our historic downtown area.

5) Check out Assateague's wild ponies. The famous ponies are just nine miles from Ocean City, along with nature trails, deer, foxes and thousands of birds.

6) Do some serious shopping. Hit our outlets, the boardwalk, Gold Coast Mall, boutiques or do some antiquing in nearby Snow Hill and Berlin.

7) Enjoy our nights of free family fun. In the summer, there is a free family event almost every night of the week. Some of the events include:

Sundaes in the Park with free concert, fireworks and ice cream (small fee) at Northside Park.
    Concerts on the Beach on Wednesdays.
    Movies on the Beach on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
    Family Beach Olympics on Tuesdays.
    Sunset Park Party Nights on Thursdays.
    Fireworks on Mondays and Tuesdays.

8) Explore the beauty of Northside Park. This 58-acre complex is Ocean City's largest and most popular park facility. Play your favorite sport on our softball, baseball or soccer fields. Or pack a lunch, grab your family and enjoy some quality tim/files/managed/images/oceancitymarylandthingstodo3.jpge at one of our lovely picnic sites. Northside Park is also home to playgrounds, a gazebo and walking paths.

9) Fore! Ocean City is home to some of the most scenic and challenging golf courses in the Mid-Atlantic region. Or if miniature golf is more your speed, you will find a number of fun courses in town.

10) Plan your return trip to Ocean City ASAP. There's so much to do, you'll never fit it all into one visit. So scope out what you'd like to try on your next Ocean City vacation, and make your reservations now!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Since the boardwalk shouldn't be open then, you should be good to go. As far as what's available for activities, it will depend on the weather. I've been there when it was 70 degrees and spent a weekend there where it was cold enough to snow.

I vacation to chill out. So that's what I try to do whenever I go to a beach.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    If you have to go to OC stay up North near or in Fennwick .If shopping and boardwalk walking must be done just drive up to Rehoboth , it's cleaner and better shops .

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    If you have to go to OC stay up North near or in Fennwick .If shopping and boardwalk walking must be done just drive up to Rehoboth , it's cleaner and better shops .

I don't think the boardwalks are open in March. Are they?

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I don't think the boardwalks are open in March. Are they?

The Boardwalk is always open. Most of the stores are closed though. Some of the bars are open.

Take a tour of the new Seacret's Distillery. It's on my list of things to do. I know the yodel that used to make all of Seacret's spirits. I trust they are much better off now then before.

You can also hit the Purple Moose, Pickles, Green Turtle (105th?) and Brass Balls for your dose of Dundalk OTR (on the road).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom