• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I've tried 2 nites now to post an item for sale with no luck and I'm stumped. I have sold many things in the past and don't know what I'm doing wrong. I got a msg that pic file I tried to upload was too wide/large. Tried redoing it and still no luck.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Send the picture to yourself by email as a much smaller file. Then import that smaller picture back into your photo gallery and try reposting with that.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    You could likely host the picture on photobucket and then copy and paste the link.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Send the picture to yourself by email as a much smaller file. Then import that smaller picture back into your photo gallery and try reposting with that.

Thanks. Don't know if my lack of tech skills will get me far though. What I don't understand is that I've posted many pics before, all taken with the same phone and no problems. Well none since my compute guy set it up a few years ago so my MDS file pics were the right size. Until now.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Thanks. Don't know if my lack of tech skills will get me far though. What I don't understand is that I've posted many pics before, all taken with the same phone and no problems. Well none since my compute guy set it up a few years ago so my MDS file pics were the right size. Until now.

Another way is e-mail it to yourself then open it in Paint. Go to 'Resize' and knock the percentage down which will shrink your file size, then save the resized image and try to upload it. If still too big resize it down again.

ClutchyMcClutcherson

Aug 29, 2016
    Odenton, MD
    Try an app called photo resizer. I've had success doing it that way. I have uploaded straight from that app onto mds with no problem. It's really simple too. Just choose the smallest size when you resize it and it should work

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    If you email me the pic, I will resize it for you.

Feb 28, 2013
    I've tried 2 nites now to post an item for sale with no luck and I'm stumped. I have sold many things in the past and don't know what I'm doing wrong. I got a msg that pic file I tried to upload was too wide/large. Tried redoing it and still no luck.

I used a free online resizer. Had to do it twice, but that made it work.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I have been having similar issues suddenly. When I try to post pics to my replies I get "incorrect file ext". Must be something about the latest IOS update to my IPad that saves my screenshot not as a jpeg. I end up taking a shot with my iPhone and then Imsg to myself. Works. Haven't updated the iOS on my phone.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    You could likely host the picture on photobucket and then copy and paste the link.

In the last few years Iv'e probably tried to sign up for photo bucket 10-15 times. I can never get past the damn captcha. The audio option is not understandable either.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Well it's actually 4 pics. I don't know how to email them to you via MDS. Believe me when I say I SUCK at this tech stuff.
    I appreciate all of the other suggestions but it is all Chinese to me.
    I will try sending them to myself and see how that goes. Don't know how I'll get them from my email to MDS though.
    What I really don't understand is why after posting dozens of pics over the years taken on the same iPhone, I'm now having problems. As I mentioned, my computer guy had set my computer so my pics would fit into MDS whenever I needed to upload them. Never had another problem until now.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Another way is e-mail it to yourself then open it in Paint. Go to 'Resize' and knock the percentage down which will shrink your file size, then save the resized image and try to upload it. If still too big resize it down again.

What is Paint?

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Say goodnight Gracie!

Yup.
    I look at a computer as a needed evil. Only bought one because so much has to be done online these days. No choices with some companies. Beyond email, filling out forms for ins companies etc. and some web surfing I don't go near it. I've never liked the thing or had any desire or interest to play with it and see what it has to offer. I find all of the lingo associated with them about as understandable and interesting as Chinese arithmetic. Maybe I'm a freak or just over the hill but it doesn't bother me.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    PS BTY:

It's official..... I'm the guy who thinks puters' suck.... that they are nothing short of a commie' plot... and that I usually have better thing to do with my time than work on one, like take another nap.

Its' hell to gits' ol
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Seems someone else feels the same as me.
    IMO the industry exists just to keep selling upgrades into infinity. Lots of job security for mostly unneeded "improvements". Change something that is working perfectly well, convince people they NEED it and laugh all the way to the bank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom