• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirichlet

Jan 3, 2013
    ...Thanks for turning me on to this...
    My (and our) pleasure. The weather was brutal on Saturday. I can honestly say that's the fist time I've worked setup on a fireworks display during blizzard conditions. One guy brought a little wind-speed gauge with him, and set it up to log continuously. We had winds sustained over 30 mph for most of the afternoon with several gusts over 50 mph, with the highest at 55 :shocking:
    Thankfully, the winds died down just enough and just in time for the displays.

The choreographed displays went very well with that single brush fire being the exception. In a display of this magnitude a fire or two is pretty much inevitable (even more so with the winds still being 20 mph or so), which is why the fire companies are on-site and ready to go. There was a ton of heart put into those shows, and it was very evident during the display a guy put up as a memorial to his mother who passed a few months ago.

I was responsible for all of the open shooting (random stuff in the air before the big displays) and for the large, specialty shells between the shows. Everything went well, everything was safe, and we pyrotechnicians were/are extremely grateful for the fans who braved the miserable weather to watch what we put together.

Let's keep our fingers crossed for good, or at least better weather next year. :party29:

May 13, 2005
    My (and our) pleasure. The weather was brutal on Saturday. I can honestly say that's the fist time I've worked setup on a fireworks display during blizzard conditions. One guy brought a little wind-speed gauge with him, and set it up to log continuously. We had winds sustained over 30 mph for most of the afternoon with several gusts over 50 mph, with the highest at 55 :shocking:
    Thankfully, the winds died down just enough and just in time for the displays.

The choreographed displays went very well with that single brush fire being the exception. In a display of this magnitude a fire or two is pretty much inevitable (even more so with the winds still being 20 mph or so), which is why the fire companies are on-site and ready to go. There was a ton of heart put into those shows, and it was very evident during the display a guy put up as a memorial to his mother who passed a few months ago.

I was responsible for all of the open shooting (random stuff in the air before the big displays) and for the large, specialty shells between the shows. Everything went well, everything was safe, and we pyrotechnicians were/are extremely grateful for the fans who braved the miserable weather to watch what we put together.

Let's keep our fingers crossed for good, or at least better weather next year. :party29:

Thank you and all of those who put so much into the event! This was our third year and it was cold as sheet but we weathered through it and it was worth it! front row center was a blast, and we met some of the awesome folks that set up as well that parked next to us (the ones with the pyro plates).

The kids and I really enjoyed the show and will be back again in the black assault truck :):party29:

May 13, 2005
    It was a great show! Rain let up and the fireworks were Awesome! A little muddy in the field, but well worth it! Thanks again this year to all who put their time, effort and money into this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom