• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    ul1jy4O.jpg

Work has kept me away from the range longer than I'd like so today, between loads of laundry to get ready for the next business trip, I found an hour to take a new HK VP9SK FDE out for a test run.

S4eYogO.jpg

30 rounds, Geco 115gr FMJ, 7 yards

As usual, all over the place while figuring-out POI and best sight picture. The pistol feels absolutely great, like an extension of my shooting hand. Surprisingly, it was just as comfortable to shoot with and without the pinky finger extension on the magazine. Trigger is a tad heavier than my Walther PPQ's but has a crisp break and a very short reset.

Heck, it takes me a box of ammo just to get warmed-up after being away from the range for several weeks. I put the VP9SK away for a few minutes and ran a box of Fiocchi thru my CZ Shadow 2.

ahQcgqn.jpg

50 rounds, Fiocchi 115gr FMJ, 15 yards

LOL That thing is just effortless. WTH. OK, now back to the VP9SK.

q58X4Fs.jpg

50 rounds, Fiocchi 115gr FMJ, 7 yards

I can't explain it. Taking a break to shoot the Shadow 2 must've been the right thing to do, either that or the VP9SK just really likes Fiocchi ammo. Whatever it was, that's some pretty phenomenal performance from a sub-compact 9mm pistol at 7 yards if I do say so myself.

Not sure how much I like the paddle magazine release system but, I'll get used to it. I like being able to drop a mag with my right index finger without having to adjust my grip. Feels kinda weird, though.

I didn't think anyone could build a pistol as comfortable to shoot as a CZ but, it seems HK has been able to do it with the VP9SK. Thanks again to Dan and John at BBP for another great deal and smooth transaction.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    50 rounds all in the red ... nice shooting! Seems like another winner from BBP. You've had a great run of pistols from them.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I've been looking at this one too. I have a VP9 but this one has me tempted to get it too! I was looking for it when I went to The Machine Gun Nest recently but someone else had rented it so I did not get a chance to fire it. Hopefully it will be there during my next trip to the range.

Cal68

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    50 rounds all in the red ... nice shooting! Seems like another winner from BBP. You've had a great run of pistols from them.

I think what settled me down was taking a Shadow 2 break and pushing the target out to 15 yards. A few mag dumps later, I got the VP9SK out again and shot that 7 yard target with the Fiocchi 115gr.

BBP is the best gun shop I've done business with since moving back to MD in 2006. Dan, John and Joel are good people and have earned my trust.

That will be my next pistol purchase. Love my VP9.

And a VP9 will most likely be my next.

I've been looking at this one too. I have a VP9 but this one has me tempted to get it too! I was looking for it when I went to The Machine Gun Nest recently but someone else had rented it so I did not get a chance to fire it. Hopefully it will be there during my next trip to the range.

Definitely try it out. You'll like it as much as I do.

Nice. That is a sweet little pewpew.

Thanks. It really is. I started getting interested in a sub-compact 9 right around the same time that Sig announced the P365 and Walther announced the PPQ SC last year. I think HK had just come out with the VP9SK. Seemed like a good idea: a highly concealable 9mm pistol with 10+1 capacity. I was never that big of an HK pistol fan but, that changed after shooting Blaster's VP9 and getting to fondle a VP9SK at BBP. It's one of the nicest feeling pistols I've ever held.

Is that at TMGN? If so what time were you there?

No. It was at Heritage. Three minutes from my house. I was over there around 2:00pm. I guess they weren't paying any attention to my time because I didn't leave the range until 3:15pm.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I put a Lobos trigger on mine. A bit better than stock, but not quite sure it’s worth it. The VP9 trigger is sweet.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I put a Lobos trigger on mine. A bit better than stock, but not quite sure it’s worth it. The VP9 trigger is sweet.

I've hesitated to install aftermarket triggers in my striker-fired pistols only because they eliminate take-up/creep more than they lighten the actual pull. Apex, Zev and Lobos are all great products, though, if a bit pricy.

ironbag

Apr 6, 2018
    Gaithersburg

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Is that at TMGN? If so what time were you there?

Yes, it was at the TMGN in Frederick. I was there a week or two ago on a Saturday afternoon when it was absolutely jampacked. The spot in the case was empty so one of the employees told me that someone else must have rented it.

Cal68

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Yes, it was at the TMGN in Frederick. I was there a week or two ago on a Saturday afternoon when it was absolutely jampacked. The spot in the case was empty so one of the employees told me that someone else must have rented it.

Cal68

Oops, my bad! I thought he was asking me that question.

Heritage is very convenient for those impulsive, last-minute range trips I otherwise wouldn't get to do on the weekends. I don't particularly care for the place but, it's better than nothing. At least, they're not giving me a damn sales pitch every time I come in or letting a couple of yahoos rapid-fire .308 at 5 yard targets while other people are trying to shoot in the adjacent lanes. I'm usually treated to both at TMGN but, I'm not knocking those of you who like it and regularly patronize it. TMGN just ain't for me.

sbarber7973

Certified Fat Bastard
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2007
    Hyattsville, MD
    I just picked my VP9SK up this past Saturday from Greg at A1 Uniforms and I absolutely love it. Its the first 9mm I have owned and I can say without a doubt it was a purchase that's worth it. It feels so great in my hand better than my normal go to pistol XD45.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Picked mine up yesterday. Already have a bunch of stuff to change/add.

I got the aluminum striker sleeve, the match spring set, two +2 magazine bases (to be swapped out on my trip to PA when I pick up my 13-round magazine) and waiting for the Lazy Wolf trigger to be released.

Also going to get the slide milled for a Leupold Deltapoint Pro and a suppressor height night sight then having the slide, backstrap and grip side panels cerakoted.

I expect it to not only be bad ass, but also look the part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom