• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phoenixsm

Aug 29, 2010
    New Gun Store south of Dahlgren in King George

There is a new gun store in King George, about 9 miles from the Nice Bridge. Big Dog Outfitters / Guns and Ammo is the store. There is a True Value store next door to it; both are on the right side of the south bound lane of RT. 301.

I stopped by yesterday (they are open 10-6 during the week) and took a look around the store.

From their business card:

11465 Ridge Road
    King George VA 22485
    540-775-2605
    Owner: Charles Albert

www.bigdog-outfitters.com is their website however, it is not up and running yet.

I saw a resonable collection of pistols from the popular manufactors, a range of Mossberg shotguns (hunting to tactical), a few Mosin's for the C+R crowd, and ammo for all the weapons they sell. If you are looking for bulk ammo they had some cans of 7.62x39 and .223/5.56 for decent prices.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I'm not familiar with the location on 301, but, do you know if they have weekend hours ? I look forward to the website up and running. Now, maybe we can get some reloading supplies and with any lu8ck this fellow will accept Pay Pal. Few do, but, they get lots of my "Fun Money" when they take Pay Pal.

travismxi

Nov 14, 2010
    stopped by today looking for an upper and to check it out. no uppers yet, gentleman said they are coming in soon but pretty good inventory for just starting out 2 days ago. seemed to be good people.

Gatekeeper

Jan 18, 2010
    New Gun Store 301 South Va. Side

I'm gonna stop by this weekend. Maybe check out the cans of 7.62x39.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I was just in there today, and I'm trying to remember all the questions that people here had asked about the place.

- They have some mil. surp. rifles in, including a nice Enfield with matching numbers, including the stock. That just came in today. They've already sold a half dozen Mosin Nagants. The owner is planning on getting more. He also has a 1917 Eddystone 30-06 that would have followed me home, had I not just picked up a Buck Mark SS at Green Top an hour before.

- Yes, they DO have high-capacity mags. Lots of them. They also have a lot of rifles to go with them. The owner is fond of black metal.

- No reloading supplies yet, but he's hoping to have the business built up enough by the beginning of the year to start adding some. That's a future phase of the business, but one that he hopes to be able to incorporate.

They are starting to get a lot of folks coming in from SOMD. If you do go by there, you might want to mention to the owner that you heard about the place on this board ... and encourage him to become an IP.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I'm gonna stop by this weekend. Maybe check out the cans of 7.62x39.

Got any quantities of 7.62 brass to spare ? I cast a .30 / 7.62 bullet. I'd maybe reload some if I had some brass. Just curious. I don't bother casting / reloading a round unless the brass comes in quantities.

Back to the program. I had to ask.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I was just in there today, and I'm trying to remember all the questions that people here had asked about the place.

- They have some mil. surp. rifles in, including a nice Enfield with matching numbers, including the stock. That just came in today. They've already sold a half dozen Mosin Nagants. The owner is planning on getting more. He also has a 1917 Eddystone 30-06 that would have followed me home, had I not just picked up a Buck Mark SS at Green Top an hour before.

- Yes, they DO have high-capacity mags. Lots of them. They also have a lot of rifles to go with them. The owner is fond of black metal.

- No reloading supplies yet, but he's hoping to have the business built up enough by the beginning of the year to start adding some. That's a future phase of the business, but one that he hopes to be able to incorporate.

They are starting to get a lot of folks coming in from SOMD. If you do go by there, you might want to mention to the owner that you heard about the place on this board ... and encourage him to become an IP.

Muzzleloaders / Black Powder supplies ?

Do you have a physical address for this new store ? Maybe a Google Map ?

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Never do mind I found'd it. I just noticed the address in the OP.

Here's a screenshot from Goodle Maps:

11465 Ridge Road
    King George VA 22485
    540-775-2605
    Owner: Charles Albert

Attachments

• king geo gun shop.jpg
      king geo gun shop.jpg
      70.9 KB · Views: 581

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Muzzleloaders / Black Powder supplies ?

Do you have a physical address for this new store ? Maybe a Google Map ?

A small number of BP rifles and supplies, for now, but that's in the expansion plans. This isn't a big company with a lot of capital. It's a Mom & Pop shop that's trying to grow the business.

Ever been to Green Top? You'd love the place, and it's actually less than two hours from Indian Head. Their building up their reloading area fast. Noticeably more each time I go in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom