• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    Loading a 200gr TCFP in 10mm.
    This bullet.
    https://missouribullet.com/details.php?prodId=243&category=20&secondary=11

At 1.25 OAL it feeds just fine from the magazine at slide lock in GLOCK 40 but will jam every time in Springfield TRP either using the slide stop to release the slide, or by slingshot-ing the slide.
    I have tried seating the bullet as low as 1.23 but still can't get it to feed from the magazine in the TRP.
    I don't want to go below 1.23 because of pressure concerns.

This was the load I was looking to replicate.
    https://www.underwoodammo.com/colle...in-hard-cast-flat-nose?variant=18785723908153

Does anyone have experience loading that bullet in 10mm? If so at what OAL?
    Does anyone have any of that Underwood ammo handy they could measure the OAL and see that they are using?
    Thanks in advance...

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Is it fine within the mag? I have had issues (with only one Kimber mag) that the rounds would bind a bit within the mag. I would confirm that you're not having a mag issue.

Mine were correct length but that 1911 style mag wasn't liking them.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    Is it fine within the mag? I have had issues (with only one Kimber mag) that the rounds would bind a bit within the mag. I would confirm that you're not having a mag issue.

Good thought, but mags are good...
    No binding with full, or partial magazine.
    Tried the factory Springfield magazines, ad well as multiple Tripp Cobra mags.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Some 10mm guns can have a problem feeding, period. Some guns dont like the flat nose, but will take round nose or something like Critical Duty FTX bullets just fine. Often this can be fixed with some feed ramp polishing. Sometimes its the magazine.

I would confirm that its not the gun using some factory ammo.

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County

Not to hijack this thread, but were you able to correct the issue with the mags? I have the same issue with certain bullets in my 1911 mags. The OAL is fine and passed the plunk test on my gauge. Thanks.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    The old saying still holds true, "easiest way to fix 1911 problems is with a GLOCK":innocent0

My 1911s HATE truncated cone bullets, ramped or non-ramped barrels doesn't matter, they get pushed up into the top of the chamber, and get a 3pt jam. Polishing can help, sometimes I've had luck loading as long as would fit in the mag, where the spec-ed OAL would jam up more, sometimes they have to be loaded short because of the full diameter starting in a different spot than RN. Usually end up polishing the ramp, then find one of the 4 or 5 brands of mags I have that ends up working out. There are so many subtle differences in mag lip dimentions, ramp/barrel and bullet specs that it can take some work to figure it out.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Pistols can be finicky...even for no discernible reason sometimes. I have four Delta Elites and a Glock 29 and all feed and operate perfectly. The round I shoot the most in them is a Remington 180 grain truncated FMJ. The others I shoot are Winchester 175 grain Silvertips and Hornady XTP 180 grain...never a problem with any. The 10mm is an awesome round.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Some 10mm guns can have a problem feeding, period. Some guns dont like the flat nose, but will take round nose or something like Critical Duty FTX bullets just fine. Often this can be fixed with some feed ramp polishing. Sometimes its the magazine.

I would confirm that its not the gun using some factory ammo.

I've even resorted to polishing the "roof" of the chamber to fix feeding issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom