• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    That’s exactly what it was, he didn’t get the bills he told them he wanted so he vetoed everything that would have cost money or have no effect on crime. Had they passed the bills he wanted he would have signed or let everything become law. This isn’t Larry being a 2A supporter, this is Larry taking his ball and going home (for now) because he didn’t get his way.
    [Isaac Hayes]You're DAMN right[/s]

I wouldn't piss on Hogan, if he were on fire.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Only on MDS can a governor in a deep blue state make an unpopular veto of a gun control bill and get lambasted for it. Literally the worst take, and eating our own. Nice job, team.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD

Attachments

• 7a97bd88948e4607e01bfd979df5f441.jpg
      7a97bd88948e4607e01bfd979df5f441.jpg
      17.9 KB · Views: 440

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Only on MDS can a governor in a deep blue state make an unpopular veto of a gun control bill and get lambasted for it. Literally the worst take, and eating our own. Nice job, team.

It's a matter of principles. Namely, he has none, outside of self-interest.

The photo op with the red-shirted Mothers and Mother Analogues was the breaking point for me. There's nothing Hogan does that gets my approval any more.

His veto was self-serving; he would not be disturbed if every gun owner in MD formed a circular firing squad and blew each other's brains out, except for the fact that he'd lose tax revenue.

Just my opinion, of course, but it isn't completely unsupported. Besides, he is fully aware that it was a symbolic gesture, and will be reversed in January. Like I said, self-serving. He's sucking around for cred.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    It's a matter of principles. Namely, he has none, outside of self-interest.
    Vetoing that bill was self-interest how? It's not going to win him elections in MD, and as we've seen in a recent election, being an out-and-out gun grabber isn't gonna stop you from getting that GOP presidential nomination.

silverwolf

Feb 14, 2011

This. I don't care why the politicians make pro-2A decisions as long as they do so. And when they do things that we approve of, we should applaud them loudly and publicly. Let's not lose sight of the bigger picture here.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    This. I don't care why the politicians make pro-2A decisions as long as they do so. And when they do things that we approve of, we should applaud them loudly and publicly. Let's not lose sight of the bigger picture here.

I could not agree more.......... By the way, doing so makes my life easier when I am in the backrooms of the General Assembly.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Vetoing that bill was self-interest how? It's not going to win him elections in MD, and as we've seen in a recent election, being an out-and-out gun grabber isn't gonna stop you from getting that GOP presidential nomination.

My reasoning is that he will max out as a US senator; no hope for higher. In order to defeat a Dem contender, he needs some Republican votes. That's the only reason I can think of for his veto. He certainly could not care less about 2A supporters.

Observing MD political sausage construction since 2013 has turned my stomach on politics completely; Hogan's sucking up to the Moms in that revolting photo op put the nail in his superjumbo coffin for me.

Last edited:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I could not agree more.......... By the way, doing so makes my life easier when I am in the backrooms of the General Assembly.

I'm amazed at how many people forget this fact, especially when talking to legislators that might be on the fence about a bill or a veto over ride vote.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

But they are so tastey!

Sounds dirty

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG

Bingo... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    :lol: :lol2:

.... you're so handsome and strong Mr. Alligator .....

.... thank you for the strudel Mr. Camp Guard. Oh, the train is this way? ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom