• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NOW this begs the question...did he sign ANY of the bills from the truncated session? Or did he decide to veto most of them simply because they weren't passed in the manner that the state constitution requires? (public hearings and testimony ETC)

Not that it matters, it's one of those things where the end justifies the means I guess...Thanks Larry...

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    I believe the session is over and they have to try again from the beginning with a new bill next year, if they want to try again.

Unless they're still in some sort of temporary recess due to the wufluenza?

As far as I know they take up any veto's at the start of next years session and will vote to over ride then. They can also call a special session but I can't remember the criteria for that.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I believe the session is over and they have to try again from the beginning with a new bill next year, if they want to try again.

Unless they're still in some sort of temporary recess due to the wufluenza?

Nope, they have to take the veto up as one of the first item in the next session. As mentioned above, they need a 2/3 vote to over ride the veto in both chambers.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    As far as I know they take up any veto's at the start of next years session and will vote to over ride then. They can also call a special session but I can't remember the criteria for that.

Special session is single issue only, so no, no veto over rides.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    At the very least, the bill will be delayed past its original start date, October 1st, right?

Yeah.

That would push it into effect Oct 1 next year. Unless they decide that all the shotgun/rifle murders between October 1 2020 and the opening of the GA in next Jan created a Fudd Emergency, and make the bill effective on passage/signing.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    At the very least, the bill will be delayed past its original start date, October 1st, right?

Yup. The Party will do its veto override in January 2021, so that's at least another 3 months w/o it as law. I'm not sure what the effective date would be for a law that results from a veto override, though.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    This is shocking and amazing! Thank you everyone who has fought this and contacted the Governor's office!

I just *know* that the Governor vetoed HB4 only because we asked him to. See attached. Seriously, we are enormously pleased.

Attachments

• Letter to Keiffer Mitchell Veto Request on HB 4.pdf
      99.2 KB · Views: 153

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Here's her tweet about it. Have fun.

I'm beyond disappointed that @GovLarryHogan
    vetoed HB4 closing MDs longun loophole requiring #backgroundchecks Gun sales have spiked #DomesticAbuse has increased and ppl are feeling isolated. The LAST thing needed is for ANYONE 2 get a longun

https://twitter.com/VAtterbeary/status/1258487012077776903

Does that twat have any proof that domestic violence has gone up or is she making it up much like most everything else that comes out of her pie hole?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    Does that twat have any proof that domestic violence has gone up or is she making it up much like most everything else that comes out of her pie hole?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If she is implying she got in a fight with her husband it might be true?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom