• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WTaylor70

Apr 22, 2020
    I did want to post a correction. Currently, but changing soon, you do not need to use an FFL in MD for a Shotgun sale. Just a bill of sale. This is what I was told in the gun shop. I am verifying

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    battered gun owner syndrome is what i was thinking too.

Blaster, i agree, too many people with too much time on their hands to think.

Here's one for ya.

Last year I moved up to Pa. All my firearms I ever owned were purchased in Maryland(for the most part).

Pa has no "registration".

So, I can't use those firearms for self defense here in Pa because they aren't "registered"?

You can't tell me that a DC resident cannot use a shotgun he purchased in DC, in a self defense of a dwelling in Md. Regardless how it is "Stored" there.

"questionable" legality of a "non registered" firearm does not negate the justified use of legal self defense.

You are not going to be charged for negligent homicide if you used that firearm in a legal, proper manner.

In my opinion, "registration" follows the owner and not the physical location of that firearm. The use of that firearm is not Null and Void.

I would post a popcorn emoji, but I'm still in breakfast mode.

Attachments

• scrapple.jpg
      scrapple.jpg
      31.5 KB · Views: 177

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    Here's one for ya.

Last year I moved up to Pa. All my firearms I ever owned were purchased in Maryland(for the most part).

Pa has no "registration".

So, I can't use those firearms for self defense here in Pa because they aren't "registered"?

You can't tell me that a DC resident cannot use a shotgun he purchased in DC, in a self defense of a dwelling in Md. Regardless how it is "Stored" there.

"questionable" legality of a "non registered" firearm does not negate the justified use of legal self defense.

You are not going to be charged for negligent homicide if you used that firearm in a legal, proper manner.

In my opinion, "registration" follows the owner and not the physical location of that firearm. The use of that firearm is not Null and Void.

right. if you lawfully defend your life, the issue of did you register the gun in DC, when you used it outside of DC will not be high on the list. there may be a dead person in your kitchen. you will have years of legal and emotional challenges.

debating the legality of something that by the way, the state has to prove you transferred it at the wrong time, seems silly.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I did want to post a correction. Currently, but changing soon, you do not need to use an FFL in MD for a Shotgun sale. Just a bill of sale. This is what I was told in the gun shop. I am verifying

You don't even need a bill of sale.

But not a bad idea in case it shows up being used in a crime later.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    if you say it is

So you are now advocating that he lie and break the law?????

IF, when he left it there before he moved to DC, then yes, it is hers, and this whole thread is moot. And he did not, as he started this thread.

If he did not say it was hers before he moved to DC, it is not hers. And cannot be without transferring through an FFL.

To say now, after posting in a public forum that he did not do so, that he transferred in the past would be illegal.

Go for it.

Nothing like turning nothing into a Federal offense.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    MD requires you to register if you are a resident regardless of location.

Ew.

How does that not violate some federal laws/constitution?

Or other states sovereignty?

Maryland is basically saying that if you are a resident then they can control what happens in other states.

Last edited:

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    So you are now advocating that he lie and break the law?????

IF, when he left it there before he moved to DC, then yes, it is hers, and this whole thread is moot. And he did not, as he started this thread.

If he did not say it was hers before he moved to DC, it is not hers. And cannot be without transferring through an FFL.

To say now, after posting in a public forum that he did not do so, that he transferred in the past would be illegal.

Go for it.

Nothing like turning nothing into a Federal offense.

believe it or not, you and I agree. I am saying it is nothing. the fact that in America we ask legal questions about where you leave a shotgun is sad.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Not you specifically. Just ALL the cackling hens . LOL
    There is literally ZERO solid info here that someone could stake their legal life on. :D

Yes, that's why on questions like this I'm always amazed the first response and others that follow aren't just to contact a legal expert experienced with both jurisdictions' gun laws. Why take chances on 100s of opinions?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Yes, that's why on questions like this I'm always amazed the first response and others that follow aren't just to contact a legal expert experienced with both jurisdictions' gun laws. Why take chances on 100s of opinions?
    Hell. I doubt most attorneys wouldn't even know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom