• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chris0nllyn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2012
    Calvert County
    You will have no issues with Mario. Very genuine dude and true to his word. If it is a 40SW I have a lock you can borrow. I used it to pick mine up there a few weeks ago. Never will use it again. I live around the corner from his office.

Thanks for the offer, but I got a 9mm. I was REALLY close to getting the .40 too... :mad54:

O well, I guess I'll just have a to buy one.

I plan on picking up some ammo, and a holster while I'm there also....

I already bought a new trigger for the gun, and it isn't even here yet! :lol2:

southern71

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 23, 2012
    Well, it has been about a month and I am sure Mario did the transfer for you by now... WE NEED PICS!!!

Huckleberry43

Apr 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    If you're going to buy online I've done FFL transfers through Ron's Bay Pro Shop at on 260 right near 4 (just outside Dunkirk) and had no issues. They helped me jump through the hoops and do all of the back flips (and front flips) the State requires.

Chris0nllyn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2012
    Calvert County
    Well, it has been about a month and I am sure Mario did the transfer for you by now... WE NEED PICS!!!

Oops! :innocent0

Just your basic Hi-Point 9mm. I put 190 rounds through it with ZERO issues. Even changed the ammo up; 100 rounds of Federal FMJ (Brass Case), 50 Rounds of Brown Bear FMJ (Laquered Steel Case), and 40 rounds of Silver Bear HP (Zinc Coated Case).

I also went ahead and added a Hogue hand grip, an aftermarket trigger, and polished the feed ramp.

IMAG0421.jpg

IMAG0425.jpg

IMAG0423.jpg

IMAG0424.jpg

Since these pictures were taken, I also painted the sights with phosphorescent paint. They aren't night sights, but the night sights are just as much as my Hi-Point :lol2:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Tackle box is way over priced

Haha, we could've told you that - $90 transfer and the pricing on guns is a bit high also. :tdown:

Bought a M&P .45 from them and had a lower transferred thru them - never again will they get my business, IP's are much more agreeable, even if it means driving an hour or more.

Wojo

What's that Smell
    May 8, 2012
    Wrong side of the Potomac
    Accurate guns and ammo also gets a thumbs up from me too. I've purchased more than 5 firearms from them in the last 8 months and they are my new shop of choice. I think it's been said on here many time before, everyone has their own opinion of all the shops in the area. You have to try a few out and see who you get the best vibes and prices from. Personally, I am willing to pay a few extra bucks to support local business as long as I feel I am treated fairly with a good attitude.

Fyshbum

Jun 25, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    I just bought a handgun in Callaway (St Mary's) from Bob's Sunoco. He is a cabelas dealer and has a small selection of guns in store. He did some real digging to find the model M&P40C I wanted when most others could not find me one or wanted $50-$75 more. Real nice guy!

Jason

+1, I have transfered through him. He is very nice to deal with.

booker

Apr 5, 2008
    Baltimore
    Bart's Sports World (Glen Burnie/Ellicott City area) is a good shop, good used selection with a lot of turnover, and a good group of guys. I bought a shotgun there.

jleahey

Oct 10, 2010
    I love keep shooting or the tackle box .. tired of freds prices even though its the closest store for me

Dusty

Mar 27, 2012
    Go to All Pawn in White Plains about 3 miles south of Waldorf

All Pawn is your best bet for discount guns and transfers. Fred's charges $100 for transfers and $10 for the State app. All pawn charges $25 plus $10 for the App. They are your best bet for buying to they won't rake you oer the coals like Fred's does.

NHaze

Mar 15, 2011
    Shepherdstown, WV
    All Pawn is your best bet for discount guns and transfers. Fred's charges $100 for transfers and $10 for the State app. All pawn charges $25 plus $10 for the App. They are your best bet for buying to they won't rake you oer the coals like Fred's does.

$100 dollars?! That's absurd! Supply and demand I guess...

Travis Bickle

Jul 13, 2012
    MoCo
    Exept for the Judge I agree completely. Angus MacGregor is in Waldorf as well. I saw a judge he had at upper marlbro with guilty and innocent alternating on the cylinders.

Angus MacGregor's trading post is worth going to. The prices are a lot more reasonable than Freds and he's much more willing to make a deal. Lots of sigs, some shotguns and sometimes cash and carry windham weaponry ar15s

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom