• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    In a nut shell; the only way to resolve 2a issues and our rights is the vote. I see a lot of digital fodder along with a lot of keyboard warriors. I was born a NY DEMONcrat as about 99% of all who were borne there. However, when I turned 18 I registered as a Republican and have voted that way ever since. I marched for the right to change the voting age from 21 to 18. Yes, you youngers the voting age use to be 21. There a lot of DEMs that do not like their 2a rights infringed upon. Republicans need to get off their butts and vote. I all my years I was unable to vote due to being in the sand box in Iraq. We need to take a page out of the DEMONcrat play book just reek havoc upon them like they have done. The silent majority needs not to be silent any more.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    I don't think many here strongly disagree with you.

That said, you marched in the 60's to support the voting rights amendment, and were also in desert storm? That's a hell of a 20 year span. Good for you.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Voting and politics in general is way downstream of culture. Lefties understand this, which is why they win tomorrows battles rather than invest in just fighting today. They control education, the media, and largely pop culture. There is no voting your rights back if these areas are ceded to the left.

The only real defense against this for now is litigation. Until shift results in a political change...resulting in a change in courts, the courts are the defense. It's still just a moderately short-term strategy that will ultimately lose if we dont influence culture though.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Voting and politics in general is way downstream of culture. Lefties understand this, which is why they win tomorrows battles rather than invest in just fighting today. They control education, the media, and largely pop culture. There is no voting your rights back if these areas are ceded to the left.

The only real defense against this for now is litigation. Until shift results in a political change...resulting in a change in courts, the courts are the defense. It's still just a moderately short-term strategy that will ultimately lose if we dont influence culture though.

Spot on! Influencing culture is the key (unfortunately, that might be the hardest part in todays world).

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    it's just a numbers game. get your kids out shooting with you, and make sure they bring their friends and their parents. that's the prob now, shooting is so far out of mainstream. and no one gives a crap about a several century's old set of laws.

almost no one would vote to ban coffee, because almost everyone drinks it. we need to get (back) there with firearms and shooting.

not only are our shooting spots all built up and taken (my buds and i used to go down around the wilson bridge with our .22s and shoot all day at all the cans and bottles that washed up) but kids are on their phones 24x7. hunting spots are built up and taken also.

and more people aren't going to be taking up shooting now with ammo at 3x what it was just a few months ago. everything is going against us.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Heck, you don't even need ID to vote. There aren't that many things these days that don't require ID. Vote early and vote often!

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    But, you do need to register in order to vote. In this state you've actually gone out of your way to not be registered. They try to register you that when you get a state ID or driver's license. If you aren't registered to vote, you are part of the problem.

It's more than voting. I moved from the Peoples Democratic Republic of Maryland to Tennessee one year ago and just completed my concealed carry application, which is very straightforward here. You don't even need a CCL to carry a loaded gun in your car, and the Tennessee interpretation of the Castle Doctrine says that if you're in your car and someone tries to break into it (think BLM rioter) and you are in fear for your life or serious bodily injury, you can use deadly force to defend yourself or others in your car. It is, in other words, a sane and rational interpretation of Constitutional rights. Tennessee law assumes people will act responsibly with their firearms. That is generally a conservative view. Maryland law assumes people can't be trusted to do that. That is generally a liberal view. Having lived in Maryland for 35 years or so, I think that too many people there genuinely believe that people can't be trusted - they need to be regulated. Hell, if I lived anywhere near Baltimore City, I'd probably think that too. But I think the legal contrast between Tennessee and Maryland reflects a similar contrast in popular opinion between those two states. Why is there a prosecutor like Mosby, for example, who puts thugs back on the streets faster than the police can arrest them? It has to be popular opinion. If you live in Maryland, I'd encourage you to move. I can't tell you how pleasant it is to have a gun licensing official say that they work for the citizens of Tennessee - meaning you. But if you choose to stay in Maryland, I salute you. By all means vote, but I think Maryland's current approach to firearms is both reflective of the majority view there and based on a world view that is generally incompatible with individual Constitutional rights. And if Biden/Harris get in, you better already own all the ammunition you expect to need.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    In a perfect world, voting is the key. That assumes, however, a candidate runs who shares your values. In Maryland, conservative representatives are rarer than hens’ teeth.

gremlin42

Apr 16, 2020
    variable
    It's more than voting. I moved from the Peoples Democratic Republic of Maryland to Tennessee one year ago and just completed my concealed carry application, which is very straightforward here. You don't even need a CCL to carry a loaded gun in your car, and the Tennessee interpretation of the Castle Doctrine says that if you're in your car and someone tries to break into it (think BLM rioter) and you are in fear for your life or serious bodily injury, you can use deadly force to defend yourself or others in your car. It is, in other words, a sane and rational interpretation of Constitutional rights. Tennessee law assumes people will act responsibly with their firearms. That is generally a conservative view. Maryland law assumes people can't be trusted to do that. That is generally a liberal view. Having lived in Maryland for 35 years or so, I think that too many people there genuinely believe that people can't be trusted - they need to be regulated. Hell, if I lived anywhere near Baltimore City, I'd probably think that too. But I think the legal contrast between Tennessee and Maryland reflects a similar contrast in popular opinion between those two states. Why is there a prosecutor like Mosby, for example, who puts thugs back on the streets faster than the police can arrest them? It has to be popular opinion. If you live in Maryland, I'd encourage you to move. I can't tell you how pleasant it is to have a gun licensing official say that they work for the citizens of Tennessee - meaning you. But if you choose to stay in Maryland, I salute you. By all means vote, but I think Maryland's current approach to firearms is both reflective of the majority view there and based on a world view that is generally incompatible with individual Constitutional rights. And if Biden/Harris get in, you better already own all the ammunition you expect to need.

Tennessee is great, I will end up there one day sooner or later and I’ve been going out every couple months to spend time with family. Nothing like being able to shoot a gun in your back yard and nobody bats an eye. Holidays at my grandmother’s house usually involve some live fire show and tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom