• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Conundrum

Oct 19, 2007
    WV
    Glad I've had my DC Status since 2007. I even still have the letter and laminated it when I got it. When I went to pick up 8 lowers at a dealer he said, "Please tell me you are a DC." I sat my laminated letter on the counter and said, "There you go.":D

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    You don't really need the paper copy of the letter anymore. The electronic application system automatically populates your status.

You never NEEDED the letter. There was a box to check on the paper form 77.

Some SHOPS would ask, but it was not an MSP requirement.

In fact, you can find posts here were people lost their letter and requested a new one, and we told that they did not give replacement letters, and the a physical copy of the letter was not required.

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    You never NEEDED the letter. There was a box to check on the paper form 77.

Some SHOPS would ask, but it was not an MSP requirement.

In fact, you can find posts here were people lost their letter and requested a new one, and we told that they did not give replacement letters, and the a physical copy of the letter was not required.

I had to provide mine after they went to the online 77r. I was told they lost a lot of peoples info and was advised by MSP to keep it in a safe place because they can request it at any time.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I had to provide mine after they went to the online 77r. I was told they lost a lot of peoples info and was advised by MSP to keep it in a safe place because they can request it at any time.

Who made you provide it?

MSP? Or the dealer?

I never heard of anything about them losing info.

DdotC

Jul 18, 2020
    So if i purchased the handgun online, and it was delivered to my FFL, what day does the 30 day clock start? The day the paperwork is done or the day I pick up?

DdotC

Jul 18, 2020
    Follow up question, should I have waited to mail in my DC until after I brought home my first gun?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So if i purchased the handgun online, and it was delivered to my FFL, what day does the 30 day clock start? The day the paperwork is done or the day I pick up?

Day you pick it up.

DdotC

Jul 18, 2020
    So, let’s say I’m having something shipped from gunbroker to my FFL and I’m still on a 30-day hold until I can pick up my next handgun, my FFL will hold until the 30 days is up or will I have to pay them to hold it?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    So, let’s say I’m having something shipped from gunbroker to my FFL and I’m still on a 30-day hold until I can pick up my next handgun, my FFL will hold until the 30 days is up or will I have to pay them to hold it?

That's a question for your FFL. It's good practice to contact them bfore you have a gun shipped in for you anyhow. I'd imagine they wouldn't charge you a storage fee but who knows?

LongRanger300

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 14, 2020
    Thank you for the designated collector info. I suppose I need to apply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rick Sanchez

Jul 25, 2020
    C-137
    So if I bought rifle online and having it shipped to my FFL and went in store to purchase my handgun and happen to find another must have hand gun. Does the 60 day wait only apply for the two handguns? Or is there a limit on rifles etc

Can I also apply to be a D.C while I am waiting for the 77r to be approved? Or do I need to actually have the firearms in my possession?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So if I bought rifle online and having it shipped to my FFL and went in store to purchase my handgun and happen to find another must have hand gun. Does the 60 day wait only apply for the two handguns? Or is there a limit on rifles etc

30 day for one/60 day for two wait only applies to handguns.

Can I also apply to be a D.C while I am waiting for the 77r to be approved? Or do I need to actually have the firearms in my possession?

You can, by the time they get to it, your 7 day wait would be over and you should qualify for DC. If you get denied simply call them after your 7 day wait is over and the 77R approved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom