Anyone know where to buy Uncooked Peanuts in Maryland?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    How do the canned ones compare? They have them at Aldi oddly enough.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    My wife found them at H-Mart. They are in the crock pot now. I’ll let ya’ll know how they turn out tomorrow.

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    My wife found them at H-Mart. They are in the crock pot now. I’ll let ya’ll know how they turn out tomorrow.

Tomorrow?

Around 2100 to 2200 hours those will be tasty!

A nice brew with them and you will sleep well.

Once you have them plain/with salt, you need to try them with old bay or J&O spice.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Tomorrow?

Around 2100 to 2200 hours those will be tasty!

A nice brew with them and you will sleep well.

Once you have them plain/with salt, you need to try them with old bay or J&O spice.

I think you are right. I just tasted one and they are soft but still have a little crunch to them we are going to give them one more hour. That would be 2130.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    How were they?

I think she did a great job. That evening they just still a tad crunchy but she just turned off the crock and left them covered until Sunday morning. By that time they were still firm but not crunchy or mushy. We’ve been snacking on them for a few days and froze about 1/2 the batch.

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Mmmmm boiled peanuts. Reminds me of the ole days in Cartersville. Made me smile when I seen this.Definitely a southern thing . But no clue how to do crabs down there . Luv Maryland best of both worlds

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Thread revival, gonna look for raw peanuts at H-Mart. Has anyone tried it in the Instant Pot? I've seen the bulk raw bags on Amazon, but they say it is for animal feed. Would the pressure cooker take care of the sterilization?

Q

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Thread revival, gonna look for raw peanuts at H-Mart. Has anyone tried it in the Instant Pot? I've seen the bulk raw bags on Amazon, but they say it is for animal feed. Would the pressure cooker take care of the sterilization?

Q

I believe I have some #10 cans of boiled peanuts if you want.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country

Q

My wife made them in the crock pot but they take a long while. I would like to try and do them in the Instant pot this year. However half the fun is trying to taste them every few hours right out of the crock pot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aventus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 5, 2016

Q

I've tried raw and green, Runners and Virginia, boiled, Instant Pot and even sous vide. Nothing turns out for me as well as raw, Virginia peanuts (Jeppi Nuts) over a 48 hr. simmer on the stove.

First 24 hours just cook with salt, then add Cajun spices (if you prefer) and simmer for the last 24 hours. I use 1 oz. of Zatarains Crab Boil and 1 Tablespoon of Cajun Seasoning for each pound of peanuts.

Never tried a crock pot because I cook 4-5 pounds at a time and a crock pot doesn't fit enough. Darn it, now I have a hankerin for boil-- peanuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom