• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • langdon2009

Sep 18, 2016
    Pikesville, MD
    To make a very long and stressful story short I was at the wrong place in Baltimore City at the wrong time(I think the whole city is the wrong damn place!) got my weapon taken and ran through MSP. Had one in the chamber and it got cleared. Got my weapon back and it was missing that one in the chamber. Don’t know if the cop picked it up and kept it or some idiot criminal picked it up and will use a 9mm +p round in his Iver Johnson .38... Should I be worried?

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Heck of a "9th" Post !
    If I were facing jail time and loss of rights I wouldn't be worried about what happened to a single round, can't believe they even returned firearm before trial.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Heck of a "9th" Post !
    If I were facing jail time and loss of rights I wouldn't be worried about what happened to a single round, can't believe they even returned firearm before trial.

It could have been held while they ran his info and when he checked out clean they returned it.

All idiot criminals should have their HQL.

DCSCO

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2008
    Frederick County
    Be prepared for 10 pages of how wrong you are. Congratulations on getting out of your Charm City encounter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Let me get this straight.

You are complaining over a lost 9mm round?

You got your gun back unscathed, you should be ecstatic!

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Posting info that might help the community is a good thing.

OTOH, your OP is dreadfully light when it comes to details and facts. As such, it reflects not so well on you and brings to question the intent of your post.

I humbly suggest you modify your OP such that we can better understand and appreciate the event and your learning from same. That way it has utility.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'm reading a contridiction between thread title and first post .

Was pistol Confiscated , or examined & returned ?

No mention of arrests , or criminal charges . Is that an implication of there were none , or just incomplete write up ?

Neither myself , nor MDS recomends or condones illegal actions . Anyone misguided enough to do so , should really make sure to not do in stupid places and times .

And just in case serious question, the unaccounted round is trivial . And your conscience can be clear, you didn't loose the round, the Ofc is the one who dropped it ( or more likely forgot it in a pocket ).

But a normal 9x19 will not fire as is in a .38S&W . Perhaps you were thinking of the 9mmFederal aka 9mmRimed from the mid '80s . It would go Bang , but extensive testing by Federal showed that the .38S&W chambers were larger enough that the case would split, but not give dangerous pressures .And 9mmRimed ammo is no longer mfg, and is one for the ctg collectors. ( But actually was a fine ctg, but the marketplace was rapidly changing then , faster than R&D cycles.)

But I suppose Danny Dirtbag could load a 9mm+P into his stolen Astra M400 , and have a bad outcome .

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    He might be inferring that the one round could be left at a crime scene and be traced back to him , maybe that is why he is concerned . They also might have a plastic straw with his DNA on it .

Stagstalker

Jan 15, 2017
    The cesspool of MD
    If your weapon was confiscated for any length of time, the round was fired from your weapon and examined/compared with similar projectiles they have recovered and on file. It will be kept on file for future reference.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Think we should be the ones worried. How’d the ccw go? When do you start the police academy? And as stated...kinda short on specifics. How was your weapon taken? If in car and you had it loaded that’s a no no unless you did get your ccw. Need more info.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Lol relax folks.

The missing round was probably taken on accident. Sadly it happens with knives periodically. You frisk someone and take their knife during the encounter with every intention of returning or you place it on your car seat and after it’s over everyone forgets until the end of shift. I wouldn’t worry about the missing round. I’ll lend you one if you need it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Curtis6789

Latest threads

Top Bottom