• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I will carefully update the Donor List tomorrow but I am so proud to say that we are likely OVER the $4,000 mark in generous donations from you.

As I have said, it is my great hope to win, and reserve as much of the Fund as possible to help the next individual who gets jammed up with a bogus charge.

It is my great hope that MSI can take custody of the Fund because I believe they are in the best position to do so.

BOO yah!

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I will carefully update the Donor List tomorrow but I am so proud to say that we are likely OVER the $4,000 mark in generous donations from you.

As I have said, it is my great hope to win, and reserve as much of the Fund as possible to help the next individual who gets jammed up with a bogus charge.

It is my great hope that MSI can take custody of the Fund because I believe they are in the best position to do so.

BOO yah!
    Outstanding! :party29:

I don't know a whole lot about keeping money around, :o but would it be possible for the Fund to be in some sort of account that collects interest? I mean, why not let it grow on it's own, if it can :shrug: just a thought. The Feestate probably has rules about that though:rolleyes:

Also...make sure MSI keeps it open so we can continue to drop in a little scratch whenever we can ;)

Dave Taylor

May 29, 2012
    Thank you Rack.......

Et Al.... you members and supporters of the PPs.... You allow me to stand, and to march, and to display vicariously through you, my feelings about my rights to others throughout this country.

You PP folks are great! :thumbsup:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Outstanding! :party29:

I don't know a whole lot about keeping money around, :o but would it be possible for the Fund to be in some sort of account that collects interest? I mean, why not let it grow on it's own, if it can :shrug: just a thought. The Feestate probably has rules about that though:rolleyes:

Also...make sure MSI keeps it open so we can continue to drop in a little scratch whenever we can ;)

Probably best to keep it in an escrow account. Too easy for problems to arise when someone is playing with other peoples' money, and some of it evaporates.

As for interest-bearing accounts, well, I just logged $0.02 in interest from my checking account last quarter.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Nobody is making anything off of interest, that's for sure. We've got mid-five-figures parked in an account for a specific task, but need to keep it liquid. We always laugh at the monthly statement, where the earned interest wouldn't even buy a cup of coffee.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Nobody is making anything off of interest, that's for sure. We've got mid-five-figures parked in an account for a specific task, but need to keep it liquid. We always laugh at the monthly statement, where the earned interest wouldn't even buy a cup of coffee.
    ^^ This

Probably best to keep it in an escrow account. Too easy for problems to arise when someone is playing with other peoples' money, and some of it evaporates.

As for interest-bearing accounts, well, I just logged $0.02 in interest from my checking account last quarter.
    If all the contributions were made payable to Rack, then they are gifts to Rack. Rack should/could then donate the money to MSI (I believe it can be earmarked for lawsuits).

Start fiddling with escrow accounts, and unnecessary paperwork/rules & regs raise their ugly head. Keep it as simple as possible.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    ^^ This

If all the contributions were made payable to Rack, then they are gifts to Rack. Rack should/could then donate the money to MSI (I believe it can be earmarked for lawsuits).

Start fiddling with escrow accounts, and unnecessary paperwork/rules & regs raise their ugly head. Keep it as simple as possible.

Point taken.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I will have the updated donor list up in about 30 minutes!

Might be a good idea to put donation info in the opening post? Perhaps even a separate thread for the purpose?

Yes, I will do this!

I have to say I second the idea i saw somewhere about the donors list being in the 1st post.

Yes, I will cut a paste the Donor's List to the 1st post for easy reference, also.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    From Cypherpunk's SECOND TRIP to his PO Box earlier this week...which he does once a week

DH (Balt)
    MIGHTYDOG
    BREWDOC
    GRYPHON
    LIGHT12PDR
    BOB A
    BOBMAN
    DIVINGDRIVER
    GPRIMR1
    SW6906USER
    NATBOH
    INSPECTOR1489
    CRABCAKESANDFOOTBALL
    FRED55
    JOHNFROMMD
    ANONYMOUS REPEAT DONOR! (BY HIS REQUEST)
    SHAMROCK
    GAMERJIM
    DMC Takoka Park
    RONINMD
    DRP Bowie MD
    SCOUT6
    WELDER516
    NOT_AN_OUTLAW
    JIMBOY

I am double checking totals for checks, money orders and cash and will post UPDATED TOTALS after dinner.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    legal fee

OK so the Mrs will need to transfer pay pal monies to our checking acct.then I will mail a check to MDS member CP but we raised 292.00 from the donated MDS swag thank you rseymorejr , sundazes , glaron , kempo333 , and mds member anonymous ,44 man and buellsfurn has yet to donate I'm thinking we should hit 392.00 for our grand total thank you mds member's

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Might be a good idea to put donation info in the opening post? Perhaps even a separate thread for the purpose?

OK so the Mrs will need to transfer pay pal monies to our checking acct.then I will mail a check to MDS member CP but we raised 292.00 from the donated MDS swag thank you rseymorejr , sundazes , glaron , kempo333 , and mds member anonymous ,44 man and buellsfurn has yet to donate I'm thinking we should hit 392.00 for our grand total thank you mds member's

Thank you for your efforts to set up your mini-fundraiser! I will put $392 into the "checks" column to arrive at our updated total as of this week.

It appears that are more envelopes arriving right up to the court date on Tuesday!

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    Thank you for your efforts to set up your mini-fundraiser! I will put $392 into the "checks" column to arrive at our updated total as of this week.

It appears that are more envelopes arriving right up to the court date on Tuesday!

Mrs buellsfurn already transferred funds from pay pal to check acct.I will have it mailed Monday out of town tomorrow PS your welcome

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Here are is the updated donors list:

(C) is a cash donation, all others are checks and USPS Money Orders.

CYPHERPUNK (C)
    RACK&ROLL (C)
    LAQ
    DAW
    IRONPONY
    MrED
    ART3
    SUNDAZES
    HOTDOG
    SMKRANZ
    ARAY
    FRED2207
    SHAFTED
    BIGGFOOT44
    RG
    DC-W
    WIN296
    BEOBILL
    DAVETAYLOR
    RAINEMAN
    HODGEPODGE
    RW
    IRONEYE
    STOVEMAN (C)
    RSEYMOREJR
    SUNDAZES
    GLARON
    KENPO33
    anonymous MDS member
    BUELLSFURN
    BIKEBREATH
    MIGHTYDOG
    BREWDOC
    GRYPHON
    LIGHT12PDR
    BOB A
    BOBMAN
    DIVINGDRIVER
    GPRIMR1 (C)
    SW6906USER
    NATBOH
    INSPECTOR1489
    CRABCAKESANDFOOTBALL
    FRED55
    JOHNFROMMD
    ANONYMOUS REPEAT DONOR! (BY HIS REQUEST)
    SHAMROCK
    GAMERJIM
    DMC Takoka Park
    RONINMD
    DRP Bowie MD
    SCOUT6
    WELDER516
    NOT_AN_OUTLAW
    JIMBOY (C)

From the Buellsfurn Fundraiser:
    SUNDAZES
    GLARON
    KENPO333
    ANONYMOUS MDS MEMBER
    44MAN. (C)
    BUELLSFURN

Some folks did not include their screen name in their envelopes. I have put up initials instead, so contact me to switch out the initials for your screen name if you wish.

Last edited:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    As of today, Friday, August 24, the total amount donated is $4,117.00

The donation breakdown goes like this:

Checks/Money Orders $3,085
    Cash donations $640
    Buellsfurn Fundraising $392

Many thanks to Cypherpunk for acting as intermediary and as a second set of eyeballs on this process! I will post the bank deposit slip totals after depositing these Batch 2 donations tomorrow. We will have another update after the weekend on checks that have arrived since early last week.

Thank you all so much for helping me FIGHT THIS BOGUS CHARGE in court! With luck we will have a considerable amount left over for the continuing Legal Defense Fund going forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom