Alright, I've been bad again. Need info.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    OK, I've done it again. I just bought a Guerini Sporter 12ga with a full set of Kolar AAA tubes.

1. Where is the cheapest place to get 28ga and .410 shells?

2. As I plan to get a loader for 28 gauge at some point, what hulls can be reloaded successfully. Estates? Magtech? Rio? Or do I need to stick to AAs and STSs?

Thinking about 28ga and .410 makes my wallet hurt already, and I don't even have the gun in my hands yet.

blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown
    First of all, the manufacturers of tube sets advise not to use any steel based hulls. The steel based hulls not only have extraction issues, but in some cases can damage the tubes. So, it's AA, RTS or Gold Medal. I usually wait until there's a rebate on AAs and then stock up for a year. If it were me, I would get a loader, buy some new AAs from Shydas and load the hulls after burning up those pricy new shells. The RIOs and other steel based hulls work OK in regular guns, but not in tubes - something a lot of guys learn the hard way.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    For 28 gauge Winchester AA is the only way to go,by far the best hull for reloading. The STS hulls have thin plastic and only last a couple of reloads. I've reloaded the AA as many as 15 times.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    1 flat of AA 28 gauge shells equals how much time at home?? :D

For the 21 yrs I have fed, clothed, fed, and fed him some more, I figure he owes me about 30,000 flats of shells in various gauges. And that's being conservative. Then there's the College tuition, the wear and tear on my nerves and heart...
    The biggest payoff will be when I am vacant and drooling and he has to wheel me to the line, and even yell "pull" for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom