• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Goldslammer

MDS Supporter
    Nov 10, 2010
    Brooklyn Park
    My Krag has the slickest action of any bolt gun I own, or have ever shot.
    I don't know if they are all that way, but it sure looks like his is working smoothly...

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Cool! I have shot with my middle finger before but never my pinky. Never even crossed my mind.

It looks to me that he was using his ring finger, not his pinky. During his last volley, you can see his pinky appearing under the trigger guard.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I think this shooting is done @ 260-300 meters with sometimes obsolete equipment more than likely in 6.5x55 and other current popular calibers. My sons brothers from another mother who are professional marksman only one to my knowledge uses another finger to control the trigger and only one out of the bunch doesn't rest his hand on the rifle at all more so for repeatability and control rather than speed. M40 or Mk13 rifle is what I believe to have observed.
    I understand the mad minute was performed with a LE at two-300 yds but a rest could be used vs this guy in prone. Using the middle finger to control the trigger and thumb and index finger was the popular method and used by an Aussie I think to hold a record during or after the great war.

Looking at some of the other videos it's nice to see somewhere in the world such a popular firearms related event apparently supported by a community that includes so many different types of people enjoying the event and competing with different equipment. I would think it was such in our country from the 20's to the beginning of the second war when a shooter was something to admire and maybe put on a bubble gum card instead of castigating those who appreciate the discipline and comradery.

The old boy at the end of the clip has a shit eating grin on his face which is the best part I think. Plus that charger get up was cool as it gets.:)

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I think this shooting is done @ 260-300 meters with sometimes obsolete equipment more than likely in 6.5x55 and other current popular calibers. My sons brothers from another mother who are professional marksman only one to my knowledge uses another finger to control the trigger and only one out of the bunch doesn't rest his hand on the rifle at all more so for repeatability and control rather than speed. M40 or Mk13 rifle is what I believe to have observed.
    I understand the mad minute was performed with a LE at two-300 yds but a rest could be used vs this guy in prone. Using the middle finger to control the trigger and thumb and index finger was the popular method and used by an Aussie I think to hold a record during or after the great war.

Looking at some of the other videos it's nice to see somewhere in the world such a popular firearms related event apparently supported by a community that includes so many different types of people enjoying the event and competing with different equipment. I would think it was such in our country from the 20's to the beginning of the second war when a shooter was something to admire and maybe put on a bubble gum card instead of castigating those who appreciate the discipline and comradery.

The old boy at the end of the clip has a shit eating grin on his face which is the best part I think. Plus that charger get up was cool as it gets.:)

The discipline is called Stang shooting and it's for 25 seconds of rapid fire at an unknown distance. That oval target is to be placed somewhere between 125-175m. There is a triangular target as well that is for 200-250m. The Sauer 200 STR is the current rifle popularly used, but a lot of old shooters use Krags and Mausers. Military personnel shoot the match too with their AG3s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cnAwRJc7S

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    The discipline is called Stang shooting and it's for 25 seconds of rapid fire at an unknown distance. That oval target is to be placed somewhere between 125-175m. There is a triangular target as well that is for 200-250m. The Sauer 200 STR is the current rifle popularly used, but a lot of old shooters use Krags and Mausers. Military personnel shoot the match too with their AG3s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cnAwRJc7S

I went through a couple of the videos last night thinking some of the drills only seemed like 20 seconds. Some of the Tang that attends the events became a distraction I think. No wonder theirs a lot of people there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom