• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phor

Mar 7, 2009
    I live in Greenbelt, and I was wondering, what is the cheapest accommodation within 45 minute drive that would allow me to shoot my rifle? I shoot that rifle once a month so that's why I don't feel like paying big bucks to shoot it. I shoot my pistol each week and I'm lucky to have access to a private range but it accommodates handguns only, so I can't use my rifle there.
    Thanks
    Phil

jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    Myrtle Grove WMA is around a 50 minute drive from Greenbelt. $5 for a day, or $20 for unlimited access for 1 year (August to August).
    https://dnr.maryland.gov/wildlife/Pages/publiclands/southern/myrtlegrove.aspx

Up to 100 Yard rifle and pistol range, using the same 8 lanes.
    Outdoors with no sunshade, can become a mudpit outside of the concrete shooting pad when there has been rain recently, so bring or wear shoes you dont mind getting dirty.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    https://www.msar.com/
    is an option too but that is just 50 yards for Rifle. I have a friend who does that every other month with his friend. He is down there in Silver Spring and jumps on the beltway. But he shoots during the work week when most people are at work. I have no clue how that place gets on the weekends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom