• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    My wife will save her the trouble as I might have done the same. :innocent0

You can blame it on the fog of being a new dad. I have to be more creative. :)

I pray I don't get rubber grips

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Wood grips. Mechanically fine. Pretty good overall cosmetic condition.

2287218d1290aebcbd9c386ec5187943.jpg

61ca001bba9c4c5d53c7a6533a38f140.jpg

Compared to a S&W 686+ w/ 4-inch barrel ...

f362bc99dc2bd003b5a482fe82784cce.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Yours looks awesome!!!!! My bluing I'd actually pretty damn nice. I gotta admit I hate the import Mark.

I'm jealous.

Overall I'm not super happy but I'm not upset. I'm just, ehhhh, with the purchase.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    For me, an important part is the bluing as well. The bluing I got (and it sounds like you too) is better than the three sample pics on their website. In person, it's more amazing. Looks like a metal that's not from this world. Moreover in their sample pics, one of the guns is missing a screw. Luckily, mine is not.

On the other hand, my wood grips are worse than any of the wood grips on their website for this batch (and worse than AIM had in sample pics of their recent release). The checkering on mine is all gone. Looks fine if one didn't know what the original grips look like. I tried sourcing out another pair of wood grips, and they are pricey, in the above $100 range, so I'll stick with what I have.

Most importantly, the gun was mechanically excellent, forcing cone looked great, barrel was shiny, cylinders looked clean, and generally without pitting or rust. Definite keeper. Can't wait to take it to the range. I also like the fact that it's close to K frame size and a little smaller than a 686. Amazing metallurgy again.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'd get that thing cerakoted.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1463035007959.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1463035007959.jpg
      54.6 KB · Views: 376
    • uploadfromtaptalk1463035021320.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1463035021320.jpg
      102.8 KB · Views: 309

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    For me, an important part is the bluing as well. The bluing I got (and it sounds like you too) is better than the three sample pics on their website. In person, it's more amazing. Looks like a metal that's not from this world. Moreover in their sample pics, one of the guns is missing a screw. Luckily, mine is not.

On the other hand, my wood grips are worse than any of the wood grips on their website for this batch (and worse than AIM had in sample pics of their recent release). The checkering on mine is all gone. Looks fine if one didn't know what the original grips look like. I tried sourcing out another pair of wood grips, and they are pricey, in the above $100 range, so I'll stick with what I have.

Most importantly, the gun was mechanically excellent, forcing cone looked great, barrel was shiny, cylinders looked clean, and generally without pitting or rust. Definite keeper. Can't wait to take it to the range. I also like the fact that it's close to K frame size and a little smaller than a 686. Amazing metallurgy again.

This makes me incredibly jealous. They look like great guns. I hope yours is as accurate as it is pretty.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Bollingers did do a nice job on the gun you showed me. I nearly bought two of the Manurhin revolvers when I got the alert they were available. I moved so quick that I wouldn't be surprised if I was one of the first few buyers. If I got two, I would definitely consider getting the protective coating for the one that would see more range time. However the bluing on this one (not adequately captured in photos) is really pretty. I'd need to find a better looking one first.
    This makes me incredibly jealous. They look like great guns. I hope yours is as accurate as it is pretty.
    Took me a while. This pistol has been on my list. Set up alerts via Classic and AIM using links in the thread and Slickguns (via keywords of MR73 and MR-73 under handguns) if it's now on yours and you don't want to buy it from a private seller online shipping it to a MD FFL.

Check out this video to whet your appetite ...

https://youtu.be/tMhThUAl88w

(and discount his concluding comment about pistols from AIM as it might overrepresent feedback from a dissatisfied 5-10% of buyers)

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico

Congrats fidelity, looks great! No way that gun won't shoot. I've heard nothing but good reports about them.

How does Cerakoting hold up on revolvers? Cylinder gap blast would worry me.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I'll post pics in a little bit but I just left the shop with my MR73 and yeah I gotta admit I'm a little unhappy. This revolver did not scratch the itch I thought it would. The nicest part of the bluing is covered by the hideous CAI import park, I hate the rubber girps with the half stripped grip screw, there's a little pitting under the trigger guard, and it's covered in minor scratches.

I knew I wasn't ordering a collector piece but I guess I expected better. I won't be ordering from Classic again. I'd be more pissed if it weren't for A1Uniforms awesome service and hook up. In fact this MR73 lost my interest so fast I bought a YHM 9mm lower from Greg!!!

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Sorry yours didn't live up to expectations. I also picked mine up this week (pics below). Just wiped it down with Ballistol. Hardly any residue in the gun. Whomever used it before was good about cleaning. Will take mine to Heritage this weekend to see how it shoots. I really like the size, being smaller than a 686. It's probably going to eclipse my desire to get a S&W Model 60 with 3-inch barrel (J frame that holds 5 rds of 357) and possibly even the S&W Model 66 that's on the list.

Btw, there are wood grips at Numrich for a related model of Manhurin revolver for something like $13. Not sure if they'll fit.

41a992e3f4b87860b5121b38d689e89f.jpg

d73bab2d21d0f0782de1a811036784ce.jpg

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    Do any Manurhins exist without import markings? Is it illegal to remove the import markings and refinish? Just curious. I think some of the rougher-looking ones would look good parkerized or cerakoted.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Sootch00 has a brand new video on the Manurhin MR 73. He has two revolvers in the video, a 2.5-inch parkerized one and a 4.0-inch blued model. The 4-inch blued (with the timing of the video) may be one of the ones recently released by Classic. He has the target grips on both. The parkerized one is pretty good looking, whereas the 4-inch has some nice bluing but also pretty evident wear in other parts. He loves the pistols ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom