• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    Just found this info and it was news to me so I thought I'd post it up here .

Setting the date

Please note: If the time on your watch is between the hours of 10pm and 2am, its not the best idea to change the date manually. The watch would be in the process of changing the date over and forcing the date to change could damage the date mechanism. Either just wait until after 2am or manually change the time after 2am, then set the date and then go back and readjust the time.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    That's a nice looking watch.

Zoo, can you tell us a rough price point on them?

Sorry took a while to get back to you. Normal price is around 270-ish at Long Island Watch but they were having a 10 percent off sale before Christmas.

Will give a quick review of the watch and dealer. That watch I posted turned out to have a problem with the date not changing over. I don't think it's representative of the brand, and I've never had a problem with an Orient watch before, just an unlucky draw on this one unit.

Anyway I contacted Long Island Watch and was treated very well. Even though I'd worn it they still did an exchange, sent me a shipping label for the return so I didn't have to pay, and the owner Marc kept in contact each step of the way. I really have to recommend this dealer. I think a lot of places would tell you to just take it up with the manufacturer's service department after the watch had been worn.

As for the watch itself, it's been impressive. It uses the same Orient 40N5A movement that their high-end Saturation Diver models use. Timing it over a week it is accurate to within -2 seconds per day. That's impressive for an automatic. Even the COSC standards that certify the top 3% of Swiss watches like Rolex are only within -4/+6 seconds per day.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    My EDC Timex Expedition crapped the bed.

Any suggestions for a similar-looking sub-$50 analog watch that doesn't tick as loud as a wall clock?

My wife was thrilled to hear the Timex broke.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    My EDC Timex Expedition crapped the bed.

Any suggestions for a similar-looking sub-$50 analog watch that doesn't tick as loud as a wall clock?

My wife was thrilled to hear the Timex broke.

Timex, keeps on ticking 'til it takes a licking. :D

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Just got one of these, really nice and well built. I like the clean lines and lack of brand "advertisement" on the dial. Keeping time, bright lume, and a multitude of band options. Will post pics later

http://www.countycomm.com/maratacpilotmid.html

That uses the Miyota (Citizen) 8245 movement which should serve you well. It is an upgrade of their 8215 movement which is a tough workhorse used on tons of automatic watches.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Just got one of these, really nice and well built. I like the clean lines and lack of brand "advertisement" on the dial. Keeping time, bright lume, and a multitude of band options. Will post pics later

http://www.countycomm.com/maratacpilotmid.html

I like the Maratac.

I have a Borealis Sniper Scout that i have been wearing for a year. I really like it and it is about the same price point. I am partial to automatics and I really like tritium.

http://www.borealiswatch.com/store/#!/Diver-Watches/c/6645472/offset=0&sort=normal

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    This is my new EDC. I've gone from a purely mechanical watch to a 'smart watch'. I've only been wearing it for 9 hours and it is a game changer.

Gear-S2-Classic-Right-387x300_c.jpg

Samsung Gear S2 Classic

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    This is my new EDC. I've gone from a purely mechanical watch to a 'smart watch'. I've only been wearing it for 9 hours and it is a game changer.

Gear-S2-Classic-Right-387x300_c.jpg

Samsung Gear S2 Classic

I'm not a watch person, but I want a smart watch.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    I'm not a watch person, but I want a smart watch.
    I wasn't sure, but I've recently had the bad habit of leaving my smart phone on the dresser with the ringer off. I have missed a few calls and text messages from family members. Now I can walk around the house without having to carry my phone everywhere I go. The same will be true for when I'm on the boat. The cell phone goes into a storage bin. I can't hear the phone ring when the boat is underway. A vibration on the wrist, will let me know when I get a call or a message.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom