• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    You already know that the retired MSP guy will side with MSP each and every time or at least 99.999% of the time anyway ....

Not necessarily. You can work for an organization and disagree on how it's managed up to the day of retirement, and you also know its cultural pathologies. You also know who's quietly competent and who is a loudmouth jerk who can't figure out which end of a pencil to sharpen even if given 16 hours of training.

Sometimes a former employee can be an organization's most cynical critic.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Not necessarily. You can work for an organization and disagree on how it's managed up to the day of retirement, and you also know its cultural pathologies. You also know who's quietly competent and who is a loudmouth jerk who can't figure out which end of a pencil to sharpen even if given 16 hours of training.

Sometimes a former employee can be an organization's most cynical critic.

Not in this case , they for the most part have set the plan of action IMHO but you are right there is aways that .0001% chance it could go to the applicants favor .

markgrutz

Feb 1, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    I just managed to read through all this and get caught up. So this change to Mondays is no good for me, I have quite a number of Tuesdays off, but Mondays are almost completely booked all the way through the end of September (on account that these have always been on Tuesdays). So I am only going to be able to make a couple of these meetings now. I am more than happy to send the gear with someone else and get you up to speed on how to work the whole operation. Its actually fairly simple to do and all the software to do it is free (my favorite price). I even have a USB microphone that is plug and play and doesn't require the mixer board and other junk.

Mark

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    When did the board develop, debate, and approve all of these new policies?

Was it in a secret meeting, or was it in accordance with Maryland’s Open Meetings Act and government transparency?

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    My search for information on the upcoming HPRB meeting (allegedly 8 July) led me back here. Before I get to my question, an answer to CypherPunk's question above: the board apparently worked out among themselves the proposed new rules & procedures which were then discussed (with copies available to the public) at the public meeting 17 June. The board then voted on and adopted said rules in that meeting.

Now for my question. Is anyone familiar with the new venue, listed as 219 29th Division Street as regards parking? Looking at Mr. Google's satellite photo there is something resembling a parking lot at that location, are peons observing the hearings allowed to park there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom