• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Or buy linked cans out of state..?

That part is easy.

Link multiple 11 round belt across state lines. They are then "high capacity"

There is no law stating that a high capacity magazine cannot be modified to be MORE high capacity.

Soooooo.

Take 10rd belts across state line. Link one round to each. Then go home, crack a beer, turn on forgotten weapons and link the remaining 189 rounds. No laws broken.

Then, when using the belts, as long as I do not shoot them down further than 11 rounds, I can re-link as I please. Again, because there is no law stating I cannot make a high cap "magazine" high-er cap

Nay_sayer

May 30, 2013
    Lothian, MD
    I don’t necessarily agree that the belt is illegal. The “device” would be the single links and they each have a max capacity of 2 rounds. You are using multiple legal devices consecutively as they are not affixed to each other or modified to accept more than 10 rounds. It’s not illegal to buy more than 5 links together in MD (AFAIK) but the above posted logic would make buying 6 links or more together in MD a big fat no-no. If the argument is made that the empty links are purchased as separate items so they aren’t “high capacity” that would mean that they should continue to be treated as such unless modified. IANAL.

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    I don’t necessarily agree that the belt is illegal. The “device” would be the single links and they each have a max capacity of 2 rounds. You are using multiple legal devices consecutively as they are not affixed to each other or modified to accept more than 10 rounds. It’s not illegal to buy more than 5 links together in MD (AFAIK) but the above posted logic would make buying 6 links or more together in MD a big fat no-no. If the argument is made that the empty links are purchased as separate items so they aren’t “high capacity” that would mean that they should continue to be treated as such unless modified. IANAL.

I never thought of it that way. I like your definition better, but recognize that neither of us are lawyers.

That is an interesting practical point that individual links are not illegal for sale in MD. Does anyone know if belted 5.56 is legal to buy in the state?

If some of the legal eagles could speak up, it would be helpful

Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore
    It's posts like this that the clowns in Naptown and their stooges like to read to come up with further infringements every year.

Maybe keep it a little tighter group and slightly quieter while you get some answers to make sure their arbitrary 'laws' don't roll you into the felony lane.

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    It's posts like this that the clowns in Naptown and their stooges like to read to come up with further infringements every year.

Maybe keep it a little tighter group and slightly quieter while you get some answers to make sure their arbitrary 'laws' don't roll you into the felony lane.

Fair enough. Mods notified for deletion

Last edited:

Nay_sayer

May 30, 2013
    Lothian, MD
    Meh. I’d rather continue to see posts that help people use common sense and stop with the BGOS crap. “They” already want to ban everything and have the people that are in the know to write the laws if they want to. Information that can help us legally keep shooting while the fight continues should be shared.

DP12

Apr 24, 2018
    SoMD
    I never thought of it that way. I like your definition better, but recognize that neither of us are lawyers.
    That's a profound statement showing just how banana republic this place has become when the Constitution still has 2A but We the People don't feel qualified to say whether or not the realm permits us to have certain guns or not.

Somebody stick a fork in it.

That said, I like the totally hypothetical firearm described in the post that's now been deleted but lives on in quoted posts. :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom