0512191612.jpg
      53.5 KB · Views: 406
    Last edited:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    what ya think brass bounce

I'd google to see if there's a mod for it. I agree, looks like brass hits to me. Have you tried cleaning it off?

Maybe a piece of Gorilla tape on there till you get it worked out. Maybe even thumb the bolt and grab the brass?

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    I'd google to see if there's a mod for it. I agree, looks like brass hits to me. Have you tried cleaning it off?

Maybe a piece of Gorilla tape on there till you get it worked out. Maybe even thumb the bolt and grab the brass?

i tried hopes but nothing I'll do some searching and as suggested above see about tuning the ejector

Rebel59

Hater of Kings and Queens
    Apr 8, 2018
    Went fishing
    Brass kisses.... no worries. a little Butches Bore Shine and a Q-tip and all will be well. It works on a FAL, a Ruger should be no problem:)

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    I have the 6.5 RPR and same thing - brass marks. Nothing to worry about. You will want to look at changing out the shroud and you can get an [aftermarket] new firing pin back since the stock one seems a little prone to breaking (AD Arms makes one that I have heard good things about).

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Try something a bit stronger than Hoppes. If ammonia is a problem for you, Wipe Out and Patch Out have worked for me. Sweet's 7.62 or Montana Xtreme if you can do it outdoors or open the garage door. Montana will knock out a moose, so don't do it in the house.
    I get brass marks on M14s (oprod bump), ARs (case deflector), and FAL (top cover) with certain loads. They aren't pretty anymore so i don't bother with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom