• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Wish the resident permits were like this. Res permits have no picture and aren’t even laminated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shadow116

2nd Class Citizen
    Feb 28, 2008
    Emmitsburg
    VSP received my initial Non-Resident application on March 1st. Permit in my hand on April 17th.

Though no one beats my PA experience. Walked into Adams County Courthouse at 3:15. Walked out 20 minutes later with permit.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Depends on what states you'd like to use it in.

Utah Non-Resident: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming

Virginia Non-Resident: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming

Florida Non-Resident: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming

More info: https://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

Something wrong there, I don't see Maryland on any of those lists. :rolleyes:

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    DYI VA NR does NOT send out renewal notices. Keep an eye on you expiration date and be proactive.
    When I renewed in 2015, I just happen to notice the expiration date had passed, so I called. They were extremely nice about it and sent the paperwork out right away. I was told to treat it as a renewal and not a new app.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    DYI VA NR does NOT send out renewal notices. Keep an eye on you expiration date and be proactive.
    When I renewed in 2015, I just happen to notice the expiration date had passed, so I called. They were extremely nice about it and sent the paperwork out right away. I was told to treat it as a renewal and not a new app.

Unfortunately there is no real difference between a new app and a renewal

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

Same thing with mine.

I applied late Jan or early Fed and it showed up last week.

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    VSP received my initial Non-Resident application on March 1st. Permit in my hand on April 17th.

Though no one beats my PA experience. Walked into Adams County Courthouse at 3:15. Walked out 20 minutes later with permit.
    Think I have you beat at 10 minutes.
    Louisa Va. She wasn't to busy, gotta love small towns.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

shadow116

2nd Class Citizen
    Feb 28, 2008
    Emmitsburg
    Think I have you beat at 10 minutes.
    Louisa Va. She wasn't to busy, gotta love small towns.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I don't think I would have beat 10 minutes anyway, but my 20 minutes did include having to leave and walking to and from the square in Gettysburg. Had to get my $20 from an ATM, as they only take cash or check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom