• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    TAAAC, the teacher's union for Anne Arundel County sent this missive out today advertising events that they will be actively promoting.

One is an anti-gun discussion and the other a LBQTQ+E=MC2 pride parade.

Seems like a great opportunity for some dissenting voices to show up to the anti-gun discussion. Funny thing is that they put it at Asbury Church (historically black church in Annapolis) so it's private property and they can legally ask you to leave.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 4.19.49 PM.jpg
      Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 4.19.49 PM.jpg
      69.1 KB · Views: 1,067

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I wonder if this Church has tax exempt status.

I wonder if playing partisan politics would affect that status.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Peter puffing/burglary of turds/licking the split of the same gender is a sexual preference,keep that homo s**t behind doors where it belongs.:mad54:

Don't worry soon we will all be FORCED to stand around actively affirm it all.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I wonder if this Church has tax exempt status.

I wonder if playing partisan politics would affect that status.

Not in this case because the narrative is the approved one and it's a historically black church which means they are untouchable.

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    I saw this on fb today. It irritates the hell out of me to know they are spending my tax money to promote this crap. I have grandchildren in county schools.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Okay what's LBQTQ+E?

Everytime I see it there's some variation like they can't make up their mind.

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    It amazes me the politics that are preached from the pulpits of many of the "mainline" denominations on Sunday mornings and their leadership still can't figure out why the pews are empty.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Our church started that crap. There is one less family donating money or attending. I told the paster why. He told me it was coming down from the Presbytery and had no choice. I said, yes you do, same as I have a choice to stop attending and donating to a church that our family has a 40 year history with.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Our church started that crap. There is one less family donating money or attending. I told the paster why. He told me it was coming down from the Presbytery and had no choice. I said, yes you do, same as I have a choice to stop attending and donating to a church that our family has a 40 year history with.

It always amazes me that people will support churches, unions, etc that actively fight against their rights.
    :sad20:

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    It amazes me the politics that are preached from the pulpits of many of the "mainline" denominations on Sunday mornings and their leadership still can't figure out why the pews are empty.

My brother walked out in the middle of the "sermon" and never went back. You can protest with your feet and wallet as well as picket signs and letters to the editor.

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    Hope AACO schools don’t come looking for handouts when it’s fundraising season.

Between this and electing Pittstain it’s gonna be some long evenings at those Ledo’s nights and a lot of unsold wrapping paper. I won’t donate a dime towards any public school or school function here until they get their heads out of politics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Hope AACO schools don’t come looking for handouts when it’s fundraising season.

Between this and electing Pittstain it’s gonna be some long evenings at those Ledo’s nights and a lot of unsold wrapping paper. I won’t donate a dime towards any public school or school function here until they get their heads out of politics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They don't need your donations, they are going to jack up your property taxes to fund whatever they want. There's a reason why they are trying to get rid of the property tax cap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom