• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Some of the closed threads were epic. Here is an example:
    http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=235018

I think participation trophies are ruining the country. Win some lose some but win or lose keep trying.

Ah, good ole Big Red. People can thank God that Biggie wasn’t assigned the task of moderating the 1911 forum because 98% of people would be banned. You know he gave that guy an infraction just for venting. I hate that guy.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Personally, I chose not to enter the 1911 lottery for the simple reason that the CMP chose to attempt to discredit the validity of the FFL-03 license. The license congress put in place specifically to handle these types of transactions. (The Army has no say in this. We are federal license holders guided by civil law.)

Good luck to all the entered this lottery, but like the HQL, I chose not to participate strictly on principle.

dad4

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2013
    Cecil County
    Personally, I chose not to enter the 1911 lottery for the simple reason that the CMP chose to attempt to discredit the validity of the FFL-03 license. The license congress put in place specifically to handle these types of transactions. (The Army has no say in this. We are federal license holders guided by civil law.)

Good luck to all the entered this lottery, but like the HQL, I chose not to participate strictly on principle.

THIS!

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member

Yep.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Wouldn't it have been easier for all to just send in a post card to get your name drawn? Then, after notification, you have 30 days to respond with the appropriate paperwork. You could even do it online. Then do blocks in fixed increments. Workload would be level and less chance of errors. Instead of 17000 packages that may be incomplete that require review, you just review the winners.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    It would...but we're talking CMP and the Army here. I get the distinct impression that the latter, in particular, got more than a bit hysterical about the whole business.

Orlando

BATF and the United States Army prefer the second background check be performed by a "store front" FFL dealer.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Dang, I miss lou45. He'd have done everything up right working this process.

Rob.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    BATF and the United States Army prefer the second background check be performed by a "store front" FFL dealer.

Yeah, it was not a CMP decision. A lot of what CMP is doing was dictated either by the law authorizing the transfer or by the US Army.

Just like CMP didn’t decide they wanted to build an expensive vault room to store them, the Army required they do that as a secure warehouse wasn’t enough for them. They wanted a limited access vault.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Yeah, it was not a CMP decision. A lot of what CMP is doing was dictated either by the law authorizing the transfer or by the US Army.

Just like CMP didn’t decide they wanted to build an expensive vault room to store them, the Army required they do that as a secure warehouse wasn’t enough for them. They wanted a limited access vault.

Fair point, but this still does not negate the arguments presented thus far and I can see why there are those that want to opt out.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    American Rifleman tv on Outdoor Channel is replaying the episode covering the CMP 1911s in the vault. On now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom