• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    If you pony up the full cost, I'm sure SAF would be happy to organize the suits you want. KD's point is this case will literally be free, because Montana will pay the costs. Should they just not do it even though it's free?

If I could put up the money, I wouldn't need SAF. ;)

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Ones like this in MT are very low hanging, and the other side usually fold. HQL suit is complex, and will require multiple apeals. For what our case will cost, SAF can do dozens of low hanging cases.

Adding to that, Governor Hogan aside, MD would go all out with expenses in defending against such a suit. To the tune of tens of millions of dollars to start with. Zealotry runs deep enough that plenty of MD politicians would be willing to bankrupt the state in the process if that's what it took.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Every win is a win. Wins provide good press and increased donations. Increase donations help fund both pro 2A activities and more complex cases. Every win makes the next one easier. Lets keep winning.

GunnerGunz

Sunken Treasure
    Mar 2, 2010
    Reisterstown
    yep as soon as I retire it will not be in this lousy state. I like cold and free with a touch of wilderness. Where you are actually glad to see a neighbor when the snow melts. :party29:

Knuckle Dragger

May 7, 2012
    Adding to that, Governor Hogan aside, MD would go all out with expenses in defending against such a suit. To the tune of tens of millions of dollars to start with. Zealotry runs deep enough that plenty of MD politicians would be willing to bankrupt the state in the process if that's what it took.

Does Maryland have such a law discriminating against people based upon their nationality? This is a no-brainer win.

We did this in Massachusetts and won handily. The Commonwealth fought us hard in the district court, but didn't bother with the appeal. They were also settled on attorney's fees without any push back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom