• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FlatsFlite

Aug 6, 2012
    King George, VA
    And you can confidently state this how?

I have attended meetings on the national level where these would have been discussed. There are strong 2a supporters within VA that would not let that slide.

Don't confuse gun grabbing and an effort to reduce the number of vets committing suicide, which happens to be about 22 per day, in addition to firearms related accidents.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    I have attended meetings on the national level where these would have been discussed. There are strong 2a supporters within VA that would not let that slide.

Don't confuse gun grabbing and an effort to reduce the number of vets committing suicide, which happens to be about 22 per day, in addition to firearms related accidents.

I can just see this being abused pretty easily by the current administration. Whatever the good intentions might be, it could go wrong fast. Locks picked up from a bucket, no name, no list, would be mucho cool. :thumbsup:

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

Great thread, and thank you OP for bringing this to our attention.

Very ironic, that this morning I was speaking with a recently former 'Health and Human Services' employee (now co-worker); who has a very dear friend in the VA. She reports that the VA is ever increasing becoming less Veteran focused and more of an 'extension of the administration'. Which I took to mean - not veteran friendly at the end of the day.

That said, I do believe that there are many VA offices, and the agency admin as a whole are still well intended, looking out for vets. I can tell you first hand the offices in Baltimore (my experience) have been taken over by bureaucrats that have never served a day and will do everything in their power to reduce or eliminate any veteran benefits. I've heard, they count on these 'savings' to get promoted to national VA positions/bonuses. If true, that's probably a product of the current administration "appointees" and something that will very likely change soon.

I think the current laws in Maryland about protecting / preventing unauthorized persons (yes, even minors) is sufficient. It is all our responsibility to keep firearms locked up and unavailable to irresponsible persons.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Thread revival ...

Dualling headlines ...

Guns.com -
    House passes bill to restore gun rights to Veterans

NPR.org -
    House OKs Bill Allowing 'Mentally Incapacitated' Veterans To Buy Guns

Yet another reason to DEFUND NPR, along with draining the liberal/progressive swamp at the VA.

Excuse me posting this 'news flash' on the VA Gun Lock thread. Given the bill that was just passed but prior to it's enactment into law and during Obama's reign, could it be that a vet asking for a 'free' VA gun lock, who is also being prescribed an anti-depressant by the VA, provides them an IMMEDIATE cross-check to grab their firearms ? Just askin' ... :innocent0

Texas

Villiage Idiot
    Nov 16, 2016
    Accokeek
    They were just handing them out at a VA community event in Tx right before I left. I took three of four. I didn't have to sign anything.

Jump62

Jul 4, 2014
    Fenwick Island, De
    They did the same at the DC VAMC a couple of years back. There was a BIG basket in the lobby.

The thing that got me was that there wasn't a basket of locks in a lobby but going to either the Security Office or the Mental Health desk to pick these things up. I do not own, use and make tin foil hats but I could see a surveillance camera at either area and the use of face recognition software and now they have a name. For what ever reason I'm now associated with needing or wanting a gun lock so my next visit to my Primary Care the Dr asks me about weapon ownership and how many do I have. I think telling them I make heavy wind chimes out of them will not fly me thinks. Until there is a massive change to the Civil Service as they are now or Trump takes them on I do not trust them at all. Remember this letter was issued by the last guy, O'whatshisname or something like that.
    Jump62
    aka Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom