Need A Boulder Installed in North East, Recommendations?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Hey I'm just fed up with people driving all over my lawn. Constantly buying top soil to fix a spot that people can't seem to stay off. And I honestly don't understand it because I drive past it all the time.

I want to buy a boulder to hopefully divert drivers to stay on the damn road. Does anyone have a recommendation in the North East area?

Does the quarry sell boulders? Anyone know a good landscaper?

I've had the last straw with people who can't drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    You need a landscaper who does hardscapes. I know of a few in Harford but not much about Cecil. Look for a garden center that has pallets of rock for walls, they will be able to get a boulder n place it for you. Skidloader with forks, trailer, good operater done.

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    I've seen people line the border of their property with 10-20" rocks/boulders at intervals of 4-8'. Not too huge to move/place.

Seems to work well.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Paint them green for extra fun.

Heh. Not trying to be vindictive or lay a trap, but I feel ya! Just getting frustrated with the busy road. These drunk rednecks take out the stop sign about once every two months as well. I think a couple boulders will teach them a lesson.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Heh. Not trying to be vindictive or lay a trap, but I feel ya! Just getting frustrated with the busy road. These drunk rednecks take out the stop sign about once every two months as well. I think a couple boulders will teach them a lesson.

If you have a couple don't forget the over the shoulder bolder holder.:D

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Rent a pickup and drive to PA with a body builder friend. Or find a landscaper that does spike strips. Problem solved.

Spike Strips? Doesn't sound legal to have without personal liability. Not looking to get sued. Just looking to keep the crack heads on the black top

DJones2987

Dec 6, 2016
    Hagerstown
    The stone store is the place to go. Unless u wanna rent a loader or pay someone a lot of money just get a few decent sized ones and group them together.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Funny you say that. I buried a 4x4 and they took it out.

If the boulder doesn't work, consider sinking some concrete posts. For every foot above ground, dig at least that deep. I know someone who had a similar problem on their property and this put a quick end to that nonsense.

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    If the boulder doesn't work, consider sinking some concrete posts. For every foot above ground, dig at least that deep. I know someone who had a similar problem on their property and this put a quick end to that nonsense.

+1

Reminds me of a neighbor who had a similar issue years ago with kids driving through his leaf piles along the road. He decided to sink some I beams in the ground and them promptly pile the leaves where he always had. The following night the joke was on him as he heard a load noise. He told me he couldn't stop laughing when he walked outside and the driver told him that it was his parents car.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    You could try Swan Creek Landscaping. Also call McGuirk Construction. Either of them may be willing to bring you a big rock and set it.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Make sure you check with the county and make sure there is no easement. If you place a boulder on that and someone hits one, they could sue you. I know of a case in Baltimore County that cost the landowner a few grand.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Make sure you check with the county and make sure there is no easement. If you place a boulder on that and someone hits one, they could sue you. I know of a case in Baltimore County that cost the landowner a few grand.

I was going to have a survey done before I put it in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom