• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Waffles

May 4, 2017
    I recently picked up my first Sig, a P320 Compact. So far no complaints and seems a huge step up from my older Beretta 92FS. Being a left handed shooter might have something to do with that.

The downside to this is that I bought it in Maryland, which means my magazines were pinned to the 10rd limit despite them being 15rd from the factory. Are there any other Sig owners here that might suggest a reputable store in PA/VA that sell Sig magazines in 9mmx15rd capacities? A cursory glance on a few of the store websites doesn't turn up much of anything for Sig, tons for Glock though. Might have to pickup a Glock for my next sidearm in the future.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    I picked up mine at the Chantilly show a couple of weeks ago. The price was comparable to what you could have gotten online with shipping.

Waffles

May 4, 2017
    Appreciate the suggestions. I'll check them out, and probably try to make it to the next Chantilly show in June as well to see what they have.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I have bought magazines in the past from NOVA Armory. If they do not have them in the shop, you can order them on their website and they will contact you when the magazines come in. Then I just pick them up the next time I am in the area.

Cal68

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Finally took delivery of a new to me P-320 I bought from a member of SigForum (if you'er Sig person it's a good forum to check in on from time to time). Took it out in the front yard blew up a few rounds. I had installed an Apex flat trigger that was the cat's meow but for me it kept pinching my finger during recoil. I think because it's flat my finger was sliding down as trigger went back and a pinch. I took it out and now all is well. Did some quick drills, one round to lock slide on recoil then did some no magazine single loads as well as some rapid magazine dumps. Found the recoil to be nice not too heavy and it was dead on target. I can see with some more shooting drills and playing around this might end up as my new carry weapon. It was money well spent and would do it again. Chris

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    Finally took delivery of a new to me P-320 I bought from a member of SigForum (if you'er Sig person it's a good forum to check in on from time to time). Took it out in the front yard blew up a few rounds. I had installed an Apex flat trigger that was the cat's meow but for me it kept pinching my finger during recoil. I think because it's flat my finger was sliding down as trigger went back and a pinch. I took it out and now all is well. Did some quick drills, one round to lock slide on recoil then did some no magazine single loads as well as some rapid magazine dumps. Found the recoil to be nice not too heavy and it was dead on target. I can see with some more shooting drills and playing around this might end up as my new carry weapon. It was money well spent and would do it again. Chris

Glad I saw this before I ordered that apex flat trigger.
    Apex now makes an "ehanced" curved trigger that is also supposed to drop trigger pull weight just like the enhanced flat trigger.
    After reading your post I think I'll try the curved instead of flat trigger.

Was your finger getting pinched underneath the flat trigger itself as your finger was sliding down or pinched against the back of the trigger guard?

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    First 500 round report card. A++!!

I'm really starting to like this pistol a lot. I was really worried I would regret trading in my M&P full size 9 but I have zero regrets. I am MUCH more accurate with this P320 compact.
    In fact I may be more accurate with it than my EDC G19. It also conceals as well or better than the G19.

The only gripe I have about carrying it over the past couple weeks would be the beavertail. I have to reposition a little while driving so it isn't stabbing me.
    I'm thinking the sub compact with the less exaggerated beavertail would carry much more comfortably. I'll definitely be grabbing a sub compact module soon.

I noticed the recoil spring breaking in around 300 rounds. Slide became less stiff and I started getting a nice uniform pile of spent cases on the ground.
    The first 200 rounds I fed it all brass, then has been nothing but steel cased since with zero malfunctions.

Yesterday I did some 3 shot groups.I will post some pics of shortly.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Was your finger getting pinched underneath the flat trigger itself as your finger was sliding down or pinched against the back of the trigger guard?

I was getting the pinch during recoil phase, thinking that my finger had slid down the trigger face just enough that a piece of finger was just past the trigger edge. The curved trigger doesn't allow that. It's just as well since all my other guns are curved I really shouldn't introduce something new into the mix Sig wise. I will look into the curved Apex. Chris

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I picked up a new P320 fullsize 45 this week and so far I hate it. Mine has one of the double clicking triggers. When dry firing, if I pull the trigger swiftly it works fine, if I pull it slowly I get two consecutive clicks. The 1st click is the striker being released, the second is the sear resetting. I haven't fired it yet but have read Sig says this is not a problem when live firing. I however have read several people have had failures due to this. I mean, if the striker releases and you begin letting off the trigger, the slide may cycle without the sear resetting in which case you would get a dead trigger in the next round. Gonna run it next week amd see but so far I'm not enthused. This vid demonstrates the issue:

Threads on this go back to 2015 and they still let them out like this. :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom