• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    Having been competing with GLOCK pistols for almost 20 years now I have used different connectors from GLOCK, Ghost, Zev Tech., Lone Wolf, and probably some I can't remember all in the name of speed, and trying to improve the GLOCK trigger. I just replaced my Zev Tech. Pro connector with a Ghost Edge, not so much because I needed to, but because the weather is crap, and I was bored with money in the bank. The Zev Tech. is a good connector and now lives in a HD pistol.

The Ghost Edge claims to be a drop in connector that will remove the bump at the end of the GLOCK trigger pull, and shorten the reset. They are pretty close to having just that. I did need to slightly tune the connector to prevent it from contacting the slide but when finished I had a Gen.3 GLOCK 19 with a 2.5lb trigger that is smooth through the entire pull without stacking at the end, and does reset slightly faster than the Zev. That's a honest .5lb lighter than the Zev. on my RCBS trigger pull gauge.

Now I'm not saying that I know better than the GLOCK engineers about their triggers, or that a 2.5lb trigger is for everyone, or all applications, but for anyone racing a GLOCK who's trying to get every bit of performance out of their pistol, this drop in connector is worth looking at.
    YMMV

https://ghostinc.com/ghost-edge-3-5-gen-1-5/

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I have tried probably a dozen, but for me, the gen 4 "." connector with an XP trigger spring and some polishing is the best. I like the 2 stage feel, and the feedback it gives, the heavier spring drops the takeup weight, and makes the 2nd stage and reset more distinct, ends up with a 2.5# takeup and 4.5# break. The problem I've always had with lighter connectors was the tradeoff of weight vs creep in the 2nd stage, lighter connectors add travel, and make the break worse. I can deal with a smooth crisp 5# trigger, but a 2# trigger with a lot of creep kinda sucks. I have competed with my G19, and did well enough, but normally use my Sig 320X5 with GG trigger or M&P pro with Apex stuff, those ended up with a 1# takeup, 3# break with shorter overall pulls, shorter resets, and much less creep than even the standard connectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom