• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    Does anyone have 1st hand knowledge as to why Boyds won't ship to MD?
    I a 10/22 thumbhole stock in my cart.
    When I entered my address a "popup" appeared saying it the stock was a restricted item in MD and could not be purchased.

I do plan on calling them,, but has anyone else had this issue and talked to Boyds??

Does anyone have 1st hand knowledge as to why Boyds won't ship to MD?
    I a 10/22 thumbhole stock in my cart.
    When I entered my address a "popup" appeared saying it the stock was a restricted item in MD and could not be purchased.

I do plan on calling them,, but has anyone else had this issue and talked to Boyds??

They wouldn't sell me a thumbhole stock for a bolt gun. A few months later, I was at the outdoor show in Harrisburg and stopped by their booth and inquired as to why. Their (several guys) response was that Maryland's laws were too confusing and they didn't feel comfortable selling thumbhole stocks to MD. I clarified it was for a bolt action rifle and they didn't seem to care.
    I fully understand that our laws are royally effed up. Everyone understands our magazine laws, quite a few are confused about the HBAR thing and other confusing laws, but a wooden stock???

Last edited:

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    I wish there was another option for a thumbhole stock similar to the "Spike Camp"
    Or any economical laminated T-hole for the Ruger Mini.
    Stocky's is close to $90 more

They are being dicks for not selling a thumbhole stock for a .22 rifle. They don't deserve our business. :mad54:

Smokescreen

Knight who say Ni
    Feb 9, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    About a year and a half ago I was helping my mom customize a 10/22 and we had a problem with Boyds.

She tried to order from them and the order went through and then was canceled for no reason. She called and they told her "because you could assemble a firearm in a banned configuration".

We even had our FFL contact them and try purchasing it and they still wouldn't send it.

At that point, we decided no more Boyds. We found a really nice stock from Stocky's Stocks http://www.stockysstocks.com and went with it. She is very happy with it.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    They are being dicks for not selling a thumbhole stock for a .22 rifle. They don't deserve our business. :mad54:

Absolutely correct! They're an outright disgrace!

Fu(k these companies like Boyd's that KNOW we're dealing with abject tyranny, and yet make no effort whatsoever to help us to complete entirely lawful transactions.

I'd sooner send a donation to Shannon Watts, than to give an order to any of these anti 2A enablers.

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    It was 5+ years ago I tried to order a thumbhole stock for my 10-22 and boyds would remove it from the shopping cart. I called and was told "to bad, so sad, oh well"

So now when I buy an after market stock it's anyone but boyds, to bad so sad oh well.

F@#k them

Doctortoxic

The Dose Makes The Poison
    Apr 18, 2019
    CalvinBallistan
    Palmetto State did something similar to me two days ago. I say screw any company that doesn’t want our business. I won’t shed a tear when they go bankrupt.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    If they wont ship to some folks thats pretty stupid.
    I don't think anyone's really missing out anything special from them anyway. I bought products from them over the years and the best thing they offer is comparability with a lot of current manufacturers and they're online/take cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom