• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Looks like someone near me within radio range - possibly a certain horse farmer just bought a few of these and left them on the same channel as me. This could be very entertaining and now I will know when someone is headed out to walk the property lines. So far I have their gate and barn cameras showing up on my network. I think the last firmware update reset the channels. I had originally set it to a non default.
    Downside is of course now they might be picking up all of my deer trails and stand locations.

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Shows a big weakness in this setup. If you match the channel - that's it. There is no key securing things.

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    This one popped onto the home unti today. So a camera before someone's barn.
    yJj4319.jpg

and this has the same camera id as one of my feeders so I get a pic of headlights in between 2 deer pics.
    xMAmSmq.jpg

battery days say 34 so not new.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    This could be fun.
    You'd think they would have changeable codes, much like a garage door opener.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Securing broadcast (RF) signals like video requires more than changing channels. It has to be encrypted/decrypted by unique keys that only each user knows, and there has to be a user interface to administer that, and the horsepower to do the process. All of that adds complexity and cost to the product, which is why you don’t see it on simple products like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom