• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    This topic has come up here before. It led to the end of a long time member who (after numerous prior suspensions) suggested that any DNR officers found on his property would likely be mistaken for deer and handled accordingly. I predict this one has at least a 3% chance of going better than that thread did...

Johnconlee

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2019
    Mechanicsville
    DNR, Coast Guard anyd DOT all seem to get a free pass. I have heard dnr can go anywhere, coast guard can board and search and dot can stop for a safety inspection all with out any real probable cause. I have experienced the dot but not the others.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    1. In Maryland , the DNR PD. Is " Real Police " with same authority and training standards as all LE in the state .

2. As a general trend , there is way more interest from prospective candidates or transfers for Fish & Wildlife type positions , than for general purpose LE .

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    This same b/a applies to DOT traffic stops. AA County, MD State and DOT are abusing the system and pulling over “commercial” vehicles with “spot checks” up and down RT2/ Ritchie HWY in Severna Park, Arnold and Pasadena. Being commercial subjects you to commerce clause and you have no protection from “spot checks” nor does a boater. My best friends landscaping company gets harassed all the time. The guys are tied up for 1-3 hours with $500-$2k of fines. I passed 5 police stops around 10am today in a 3 mile stretch on rt 2.

I have been pulled over several times in a commercial company vehicle, and my driver has more than a few times. Never more than a 20 min inspection, and never a single fine.

I am a pretty big fan of keeping unsafe vehicles off of the roadway.

Pretty sure if you are getting thousands of dollars of fines, you are not safe.

Slowhand

Pre-Banned
    Dec 13, 2011
    In a van, down by the river.
    USCG has same authority on the water - no PC or warrant needed to stop, board and/or search.

True, and vastly understated. If I'm not mistaken they can go 100 miles in from the coast.
    I'm a patriot and a constitutionalist, but the liberties given to govt after 9/11 are extreme and seeming unbounded and never-ending.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    True, and vastly understated. If I'm not mistaken they can go 100 miles in from the coast.
    I'm a patriot and a constitutionalist, but the liberties given to govt after 9/11 are extreme and seeming unbounded and never-ending.

If you are US Flagged, they have authority over you world wide. We have USCG units deployed tonight in the Middle East.

Feb 28, 2013
    This topic has come up here before. It led to the end of a long time member who (after numerous prior suspensions) suggested that any DNR officers found on his property would likely be mistaken for deer and handled accordingly. I predict this one has at least a 3% chance of going better than that thread did...

Yup

I remember the day HeWhoMustNotBeNamed got bounced

Feb 28, 2013
    This same b/a applies to DOT traffic stops. AA County, MD State and DOT are abusing the system and pulling over “commercial” vehicles with “spot checks” up and down RT2/ Ritchie HWY in Severna Park, Arnold and Pasadena. Being commercial subjects you to commerce clause and you have no protection from “spot checks” nor does a boater. My best friends landscaping company gets harassed all the time. The guys are tied up for 1-3 hours with $500-$2k of fines. I passed 5 police stops around 10am today in a 3 mile stretch on rt 2.

Once you hafta put a USDOT number on the door, you're federally regulated and subject to inspection at any time

I know the Staties do love the landscape trucks. They usually get them for overweight

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I remember that was some maximum heavy bs in that thread.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Wow, so much incorrect information here. Funny how so many stories start with "I know a guy"....

If the information is not true, maybe you could impart some knowledge on us. It would be appreciated.

Park Ranger if you would, please explain.
    What is true what is urban (rural) legend. With a handle like yours you should be able to set matters straight here.

I've always heard DNR has the right to enter your property whenever they want but the talk about them having authority to take my game cams down from my property and/or put their own up seems a bit much to me.

TIA

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    Park Ranger if you would, please explain.
    What is true what is urban (rural) legend. With a handle like yours you should be able to set matters straight here.

I've always heard DNR has the right to enter your property whenever they want but the talk about them having authority to take my game cams down from my property and/or put their own up seems a bit much to me.

TIA

Well I was kinda hoping Space Ranger would answer my questions. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom