• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    This comes up every year or so.
    Has there been any movement on any of the rumored or proposed Public gun ranges in Calvert County ??
    I believe Calvert is the ONLY county in MD without a public or private(membership) gun range.

G8tor

Nov 30, 2013
    Calvert County
    J2 was looking to open one down in Prince Frederick. I heard that the location fell through so they were starting over looking for a new location. 100% hearsay, so we'll see if others with more direct knowledge weigh in.

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    J2 was looking to open one down in Prince Frederick. I heard that the location fell through so they were starting over looking for a new location. 100% hearsay, so we'll see if others with more direct knowledge weigh in.

J2 is currently looking at another location. Not sure the status on it as I haven’t talked to John about it lately. The original location turned into a no go! I believe the results of the election may have a lot to do with their plans!

Mitral

Sep 6, 2015
    Calvert
    Would somebody please get the county council to propose a Ban on ranges in Calvert ?
    We will have one open by the 4th of July

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Would somebody please get the county council to propose a Ban on ranges in Calvert ?

You wouldn't believe the hoops J2 has had to jump through to get to this point. It's crazy! They have lost 2 sites that I know of to date and the 3rd one which is super nice and the plan they have for it is going to be awesome if they can get everything approved. Time will tell! I wish John and everyone at J2 nothing but the best of luck and I hope and Pray they can get this done!

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert

Why would we EVER want want that? Sorry but your on a gun forum and you want to make sure that NO ONE other than you can have a range in the ENTIRE county? Why not push for a ban on shooting on private property as well?

G8tor

Nov 30, 2013
    Calvert County
    Why would we EVER want want that? Sorry but your on a gun forum and you want to make sure that NO ONE other than you can have a range in the ENTIRE county? Why not push for a ban on shooting on private property as well?

I think you misunderstand. I believe he's saying that if the board took up anything anti 2A they would get dog piled by concerned citizens so quick we could probably expect not just a reversal, but their full support in the opposite direction. That's how I took it anyways. 4 out 5 of them seem solidly 2A.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    I believe there was a member here years ago that was trying to get one started at the landfill in lusby. If I remember correctly he had all of the engineering and studies done the county asked for and jumped through all of the hoops for a few years. They finally told him no and then opened a range for the police on that site using much of his homework for their range.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    I believe there was a member here years ago that was trying to get one started at the landfill in lusby. If I remember correctly he had all of the engineering and studies done the county asked for and jumped through all of the hoops for a few years. They finally told him no and then opened a range for the police on that site using much of his homework for their range.

There is also a range at the Power Plant, that has been used by LEOs too.

Mitral

Sep 6, 2015
    Calvert
    Better late than never I guess.
    I was absolutely saying. a” Ban “ would lead to such public outcry. It would pave an easy road for a public range. In the county.
    I’m not about limiting anything.
    Nor do I have any interest in picking a fight
    Virtually or otherwise.
    I’m not “ from Calvert “ only been down here 20 years.
    But I have noticed nothing gets my neighbors more fired up then telling them they CANT

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    Yup, talked to the someone involved a few months back,, a 3rd party is supposed to be building/operating it.
    Fingers crossed.

I heard its near or on Skinners Turn Rd as of two weeks ago at Dave Mc Dowells run for sheriff greeting

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom