• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    With the reloading supply shortage I'm hoping someone has a manual/idea/tool or whatever that they can guide me to that will help.

I have a great handload for 22-250 using a 69gr bullet (good on twist rates). Sadly, the powder used for the load isn't available atm. I have a couple pounds of "benchmark" but it only lists up to 60gr in the manual i have. Does anyone have guidance on what to do for a 69gr bullet?

A different manual perhaps, load master (or whatever software that is)? I guess i could also write to the powder manufacture and i will but i suspect that will take days/weeks/months to get a reply.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    You can go to Hodgdons website. They don’t show for 69 gr but have 70 gr. BTW what twist is your rifle?

http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/data/rifle

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes thank you. I should have put in that I've looked there and i'm reaching out because i'm looking specifically for load data using benchmark powder, which isn't listed on their page so i sent them an email thingy. It's a 1:10RH twist and is a champ w/ 4064 powder. I load it a little hot, so it makes 1,700 and change foot pounds of energy. Groundhogs love it, they can't contain themselves.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    I'm not expecting a 1:1 replacement, but I'm looking at this: http://www.adi-powders.com.au/powder-equivalents/ which lists 3031 powder for 70gr bullet. This leads me to think (with no real checking) that BENCHMARK will be similar to 3031 charge data. I've always operated on the assumption this is NOT SAFE to do and therefore haven't explored.

I was thinking 1-2gr lighter on than 3031 and working up till pressure signs and accuracy nodes, but i was looking for feedback. AKA: sanity checks from fellow reloaders or other manuals etc etc.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    This is still on the board. the PM was something else. I've sent an email to both Sierra AND hodgdon, but i dont expect an answer for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom