• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Who has one and what is your experience with it?

I keep kicking around buying one. I'm a lover of the 11-87 so I'm drawn to its predecessor. There is one on Armslist right now that looks like it has tons of honest wear which got me to thinking about them again...

toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    I thought they were an updated Remingtonn 11(?), (Remington version of the Browning Auto 5). Got rid of the hump. I have one that looks almost new. Uses stamped parts to cut costs.Enjoy

Upperbay

Oct 20, 2019
    Check it out good.They had issues with receivers cracking. Brother bought one and found issue, did a little research. Found others with same issue. Quick search will turn it up.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I’ve got an 11-48 16 gauge. The magazine spring is a BITCH!!!

That being said I’ve never pointed it at anything and it not die and it’s always been a great gun.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Can you readily (I mean readily) get parts for them?

I don’t know but, I ask as I have a 1972 20ga “standard frame” 1100 on my bench and the guns owner is finding the reality they have not made parts for these guns since before 1978 a bitter (and not inexpensive) pill to $wallow.

toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    I have one in 12 Ga and it is in excellent condition. Looks almost brand new, not mint though, Just a few handling marks. Never shot it after I bought it. I just use my Browning A5.

Superreverb

Aug 29, 2009
    Western HoCo
    I have a Sportsman 48-B (basically an 11-48) in 20-ga. It's a 2-barrel set, both barrels numbered to the gun. One has a factory installed Cutts Comp, the other is a fixed choke (modified). Both barrels have a factory installed rib. My advice is to keep it VERY clean, otherwise it will stop cycling at a most inconvenient time (I'm talking about the mag tube where the spring rides). Fun as Hell to shoot! Recoil operated, so a wee bit more recoil than a gas gun like an 1100 or and 11-87.

My baby -

IMG_5449%20copy.jpg

ETA - Also, be aware that the front handguards have been known to crack right down the middle if not properly reinforced.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    My buddy who’s an avid collector of old American shotguns bought a set of 4 Skeet guns when I was with him at a gun shop. One in each gauge. That’s good enough for me because I know he doesn’t buy junk.

As an aside. I’ll never forget us walking down the street and around the corner to the car with them UNCASED. They didn’t come with gun cases!

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I have a Sportsman 48-B (basically an 11-48) in 20-ga. It's a 2-barrel set, both barrels numbered to the gun. One has a factory installed Cutts Comp, the other is a fixed choke (modified). Both barrels have a factory installed rib. My advice is to keep it VERY clean, otherwise it will stop cycling at a most inconvenient time (I'm talking about the mag tube where the spring rides). Fun as Hell to shoot! Recoil operated, so a wee bit more recoil than a gas gun like an 1100 or and 11-87.

My baby -

IMG_5449%20copy.jpg

ETA - Also, be aware that the front handguards have been known to crack right down the middle if not properly reinforced.

Please define properly reinforce? The forend on mine does feel delicate

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom