• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boisepaw

boisepaw
    Jan 5, 2015
    Eastern shore, MD
    Anyone reloading 6mm Creedmoor? Or anyone know where to get factory 6mm CM ammo...preferably on the eastern shore?

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    I haven't started reloading for this yet. I can tell you that the Hornady Match 108Gr rounds are excellent for factory rounds. They shoot sub Moa out of my gun and I've had groups as tight as .39" with it. As for where to get it I believe that Bass Pro has it in stock. You can try online that would be the best bet I would think.

Surt

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2019
    I see Hornady Match 108gn 6mm at Bass Pro at the Arundel Mills Mall every time I head out that way, $32/20. I have been eyeing the prices between that and 6.5CM as I plan to pick a PRS rifle up in either caliber soon. I know a lot of my friends back in the midwest have been ditching 6.5 for 6 once their barrels are worn out, saying they like it for PRS stuff much more and it almost does better at distance than 6.5CM. I do know 6.5CM factory ammo is about $5 cheaper per box at Bass Pro and is still easier to find, but we'll see how long it holds that advantage if 6CM becomes increasingly popular.

Swaim13

Jun 11, 2017
    I have a 6 cm and reload for it. Its honestly odd to shoot as I have a muzzle break so its loud with zero recoil. I was shooting 110 SMK but have also shot hornady factory match ammo. I am currently debating switching to hornady 108 eld m or the Berger 105s

If you are reloading, look into peterson small primer brass. I have the lapua brass and am getting ready to switch to the Peterson brass as everything I have seen is it is comparable to lapua quality, is made in the usa, and is roughly 2/3s the cost of Lapua.

Surt

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2019
    A friend loaned me his 6mm Dasher for a PRS competition and that’s honestly 99% of my reason to want to go with a 6mm over 6.5 for competition use. Like you said, zero recoil. I was watching the bullet wake on my own scope, spotting my own shots and seeing where the wind was whipping it around.

Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015
    I picked the 6.5 CM over the 6 because barrel life. I'm figuring the 6mm will yield 1500 rounds or so, 6.5 2500 rounds. NRA 1000 yard prone.

Surt

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2019
    I had a friend getting out of PRS and sold me his 6.5 RPR with a bunch of extras, and it will need to be rebarreled soonish. Very glad on the account of the longer barrel life, but now I'm having the problem of testing out factory ammo in it because all the 6.5CM ammo seems to have disappeared recently. The clerks all express interest at how the 6.5CM ammo was all getting bought up. So now that I got a 6.5 instead of a 6, the 6 is more plentiful on the shelves than the 6.5, go figure.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    So should I not get a 6.5 of ammo if disappearing? I don't reload due to time....
    308 perhaps

I had a friend getting out of PRS and sold me his 6.5 RPR with a bunch of extras, and it will need to be rebarreled soonish. Very glad on the account of the longer barrel life, but now I'm having the problem of testing out factory ammo in it because all the 6.5CM ammo seems to have disappeared recently. The clerks all express interest at how the 6.5CM ammo was all getting bought up. So now that I got a 6.5 instead of a 6, the 6 is more plentiful on the shelves than the 6.5, go figure.

So should I not get a 6.5 of ammo if disappearing? I don't reload due to time....
    308 perhaps

IMHO- 6.5CM isn't disappearing; it is getting very popular and sold much quicker.

SURT- Where are you located? If in Balt Co, I can keep an eye out for you.

Surt

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2019
    IMHO- 6.5CM isn't disappearing; it is getting very popular and sold much quicker.

SURT- Where are you located? If in Balt Co, I can keep an eye out for you.

That was probably poor word choice on my part. It's "disappearing" as in disappearing from the shelves, but there's still plenty of stock at reasonable prices compared to the 300WinMag I used to shoot for long range stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom