• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sleepy

Jan 19, 2013
    I remember seeing an announcement a few years ago from FN that they were introducing conversion kits for the FNS that would let you change a 9mm to 40S&W or vice versa. I have never come across any.

Did they ever actually sell these?

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    The slides are different, presumably to be able to use the same recoil spring so I don't think would. The 9mm slides are milled about on the side in front of the ejection port.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    There is a difference of .028" in the nominal rim diameters (9mm and 40 S&W). This would place .014" difference on either side of a chambered 9mm cartidge rim using a 40 S&W breechface on the slide. Kimber, Block and a couple others use 40 breechfaces for both 40/10 and 9mm Luger chambered pistols. With aggressive extractor tension I could see this being a problem. I don't know the particulars of the FN so couldn't fathom a guess.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I've followed the platform and don't remember seeing anything about the kits.

There really aren't a ton of spare parts out there and FN already brought out the 509. I'd be surprised considering the lack of support for the FNS that they would put out a caliber kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom