• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    Working on rehabbing a Marlin Ballard rifle (DOM 1886). While trying to 'fix' extractor it went bad. Welding didn't help. Anyone have any drawings or specs for this part or know where to purchase? While making one is a distinct possibility, I'd rather not.
    Thanks

toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    it was in .38 long. and rimfire/centerfire doesn't matter. extractor is the same only thing that changes is the position of the firing pin (it's made, by Marlin, to be switchable).

noahhh

Jan 28, 2009
    Arnold,Md
    Check with The Rifle Shoppe, Wellston, Ok. They list a lot of Ballard parts, including extractors. They purvey high quality castings, and would tell you if they can help you.

I'm in need of a CF breech block and am sorely tempted to go with the two halves they sell.

toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    Thanks all for your suggestions. I called The Rifle Shoppe in OK and they did indeed have the correct cast part. They said it was as cast and it could be fitted to the rifle. I am so glad to have found the part rather than having to make it. Much easier.
    Thanks again!

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Thanks all for your suggestions. I called The Rifle Shoppe in OK and they did indeed have the correct cast part. They said it was as cast and it could be fitted to the rifle. I am so glad to have found the part rather than having to make it. Much easier.
    Thanks again!

Good news, Vickery's book on gunsmithing describes methods.materials for rifle types like your describing.
    Sometimes you can pick one up on Amazon books for a reasonable price in paperback form.
    Its packed with good info.

toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    Thanks Docoverboard, was in the process of starting to make one when I finally got through to Rifle Shoppe and was told they had it in stock and only $19.95! I got two, in case the first one got screwed up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom