AAR: Kembativz Brand (Kelly McCann) “ASP/Stickfighting Clinic”, Virginia 02/06/21

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Kelly McCann is good people, and he has a good crew down there in Fredericksburg.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Yeah, Kelly is great and is pretty much the last of the "grail" instructors who I really wanted to train with. Looking forward to 4 more days of training with him!

Also, after taking this class, I looked up some info on the carrying of an ASP, and it seems like it's not illegal to carry one as long as you're not doing anything illegal with it. Sort of like Pepper Spray. I.e., you can carry it, but if you use it in the commission of a crime, then they nail you for carrying a "weapon". Anyone know any differently? Not saying I'd carry one, but I'm always looking at options.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'm too scared to do this CQB stuff with randos when there's 'rona around and I'm not vaccinated. Unfortunate, because I wanted to do the Cecil Burch thing.

Good AAR. Fun skill set to get an introduction to.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I'm too scared to do this CQB stuff with randos when there's 'rona around and I'm not vaccinated. Unfortunate, because I wanted to do the Cecil Burch thing.

Good AAR. Fun skill set to get an introduction to.

Thanks.

I was tempted by Burch down in VA, but to me the answer there is to just join a BJJ place rather than drop $500 on two days with Cecil. Not that he's not awesome and fully understands the WBE, but bang for the buck it's probably better to just join a place.

With the sale prices at Kelly's I'll be doing 5 days with Kelly for a total of $500. That's an absolute STEAL from someone of his pedigree.

As for 'rona, I give up. And since the class I got my first dosage, so I feel better about it all now anyway. Also, just FYI, Cecil and also Paul Sharp have their gyms (AZ and IL respectively), have been rolling throughout 'rona, and have not had a single case in either place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom