• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • No_bogies

Feb 22, 2018
    Opportunity?

In lieu of belittling the liberal shift, maybe we should be embracing them and seizing the opportunity to pursuade them to become supporters of the 2nd! Your thoughts?

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    In lieu of belittling the liberal shift, maybe we should be embracing them and seizing the opportunity to pursuade them to become supporters of the 2nd! Your thoughts?

Agree. We can only hold our rights by bringing people and their votes into our camp.

Granted some minds will never be changed. However some other people are realizing the practicality of firearms and we should support them.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I see this as a great opportunity to change minds, not revel in others facing the same headaches we do on a regular basis. The 2A community can never be too big.

I agree with this 100%. It's a great chance for people to see what the gun buying process is really like.

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    All Americans have the right to bear arms and that right shall not be infringed for anyone.

mrbob1000

Nov 5, 2018
    Annapolis
    I see this as a great opportunity to change minds, not revel in others facing the same headaches we do on a regular basis. The 2A community can never be too big.

My thoughts exactly. You all need to be a good ambassador, teacher, and advocate for 2A. This is a good time to help change minds by teaching away the myths and fears about guns by talking to those looking for information about buying their first gun for self defense. (But socially distanced!)

Dec 25, 2014
    easier than buying veggies I thought?
    Too bad the gun shows are canceled, or leftists could go there and try to buy guns using the 'gun show loophole' they rant about so often.

I've been to hundreds of gun shows, and for the life of me, I can't figure out how that loophole works!?!

Dec 25, 2014
    Maybe. But the real Kool aid drinkers will make some big PC YouTube video cutting them in half with a band saw.
    I remember watching one of those a few years ago after a mass shooting... the guy cut the barrel of his AR in half, which did not affect anything except the gun's accuracy, nor did it destroy the gun - but he did violate the law by creating a SBR.

Noroar1

Jul 20, 2013
    I personally received a few calls from neighbors/acquaintances about getting their first gun purchases. I was glad to help them out. Kind of reminded me how I got started back in the day and everyone has to start somewhere. Pay it forward and we'll only get stronger.

Cobol2Java

Feb 10, 2020
    Lothian
    I am hearing the same assholes that vote for gun grabbing idiots, don't like the hoops they are having to jump through now during a crisis, when they want to purchase a gun for home defense...

Oh the irony...
    My new revolver arrived yesterday at my gunshop. Went there to get the paperwork started. Dealer said it's been insane (his stock was nearly depleted). Keeping my fingers crossed that the backlog at the State Police isn't too bad.

Had a nice chat with the gunshop guy; he told me some lib was complaining to him about the necessity of getting an HQL before he could buy a handgun; thought he could just plop down the dollars and walk out with it. In the words of John McLane I thought, "Welcome to the party, pal".

mekanikal

Jan 21, 2020
    I am a so-called liberal when it comes to most things (lgbt rights, separation of church and state, etc....) but NEVER COMPROMISE on our 2A rights. Not one bit! My more liberal, anti-2A, friends are all now driving me nuts re: getting a piece. I too find it ironic.

“He who hath bread and no guns, hath no bread....”

tttongli

Oct 3, 2008
    HOWARD
    One of my liberal coworker bought a shotgun last week, but the gun store was closed before his gun comes in. He is pretty pissed. I asked him if he will now oppose future gun grab bill, he said, I kid you not, He doesn't care after he got his gun, because "why would I want other people to get guns to diminish my advantage?" But he will oppose gun confiscation bills, of course.

To be honest, I am really not counting on these people to help with the fight.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    One of my liberal coworker bought a shotgun last week, but the gun store was closed before his gun comes in. He is pretty pissed. I asked him if he will now oppose future gun grab bill, he said, I kid you not, He doesn't care after he got his gun, because "why would I want other people to get guns to diminish my advantage?" But he will oppose gun confiscation bills, of course.

To be honest, I am really not counting on these people to help with the fight.

The "I don't care, I got mine" mentality.

Q

LRoberts

Retired Master General El
    Oct 22, 2017
    SM County
    I am hearing the same assholes that vote for gun grabbing idiots, don't like the hoops they are having to jump through now during a crisis, when they want to purchase a gun for home defense...

Oh the irony...

I have one for 'em, it's a 12GA Mossy 500. Business end first.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I am a so-called liberal when it comes to most things (lgbt rights, separation of church and state, etc....) but NEVER COMPROMISE on our 2A rights. Not one bit! My more liberal, anti-2A, friends are all now driving me nuts re: getting a piece. I too find it ironic.

No such thing as the separation of church and State

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    Had a nice chat with the gunshop guy; he told me some lib was complaining to him about the necessity of getting an HQL before he could buy a handgun; thought he could just plop down the dollars and walk out with it. In the words of John McLane I thought, "Welcome to the party, pal".

I think a decent, non accusatory way to get a quip in is: “That’s what our beloved politicians feel is best for us.” Maybe with an edge of sarcasm. Could be something to further lube the gears in the squishy lib mind that’s panicking over how restrictive the sales process can be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

IndianaDAN

Mar 22, 2020
    Indiana, born-raised
    Not only that, now I've heard, just this morning that those now wanting to get a CC permit, are backlogged, and I think it's hilarious.....Probably the same ones that stockpiled all the TP, and ammunition, more than likely thought they could just go to the Sheriffs dept. and get it handed to them right then and there....Also wondering how long before we start hearing about the, "accidental" discharges, and heaven forbid, their kids playing around with the "NEW" toy in the house....time will tell!

You sound like a fellow Libertarian to me- socially liberal, yet a constitutionalist.
    I support trans couples defending their marijuana plants with AR15's but despise wasteful govt. spending and stolen liberties.

Cap

Jul 25, 2018
    We should take a lesson from our liberal friends and never let a good crisis go to waste

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom