• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Are we talking trust or non-trust? Have a non-trust paper app that went in early May and I'm getting a little itchy hearing about you guys!

Likely trust. I have 3 apps out NFA received the first week of May for stuff that took six months for MSP sign off. If I see them by Christmas I will be pleasantly surprised.

I thought my last transfer (January '13 purchase to February '14 pickup) was the longest but these will win. I bought these three in the first week of November '13.

AK-47

Feb 2, 2008
    Likely trust. I have 3 apps out NFA received the first week of May for stuff that took six months for MSP sign off. If I see them by Christmas I will be pleasantly surprised.

I thought my last transfer (January '13 purchase to February '14 pickup) was the longest but these will win. I bought these three in the first week of November '13.

6 months??? That is rediculous!!!

I must have been lucky because MSP sign off on a form 4 ind. was less than a month back in August 2014 for an SLR 104UR...

I understand there are wait times for NFA but MSP to take 6 months really is pathetic.

My LE6945 MSP form 4 approval initiated back in Sept 2013 only took a month too...

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    MSP took 4 months to sign off on my SBR and 2 cans.

I'vv sent 3 5320.20's to BATFE since July for my SBR so I can take it to the NRA Range. Not a single one has been returned. BATFE is a horrible joke. When I call I get a surly person who says "it's pending".

what a crock

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Works best if you can have a Sherriff sign off on your forms. That's what's great about Harford County. :thumbsup:

Jim Smith

I just got my first stamp back (suppressor). I went the trust route, submitted the first couple days of July (check cleared July 15th), and the stamp came back this week (dated Nov 12th). Paper submission from Duffy's. Looks like the ATF are starting to get these out quicker.

Yurp, they're tracking pretty consistently now at 5 months. It would be nice to get it down to 3-4 months, but yeah I'll take it over the previous 9+ month wait.

I sure hope you are right..I mailed mine by paper about the same time (with a trust - dont remember when the check cashed - somewhere near the end of july) and getting my Saker 7.62 would be a NICE Christmas present!

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    MSP took 4 months to sign off on my SBR and 2 cans.

I'vv sent 3 5320.20's to BATFE since July for my SBR so I can take it to the NRA Range. Not a single one has been returned. BATFE is a horrible joke. When I call I get a surly person who says "it's pending".

what a crock

Reading stuff like this makes me want to melt my credit cards buying suppressors and sbrs before the trust gravy train ends. I know you guys have your reasons for not getting trusts, but don't understand it...

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Why would a trust make BATFE more efficient when it comes to 5320.20 forms for interstate travel?

Stamps I can see but I don't see why a trust makes BATFE more efficient when processing 5320.20 forms.

Noroar1

Jul 20, 2013
    My SBR stamp came back with a big "DRAFT" watermark on it on Oct 28, after emailing back and forth for a month and a couple of calls, I finally received the "corrected" version of my form yesterday. Total 3 and half month for SBR lower.

Noroar1

Jul 20, 2013
    Reading stuff like this makes me want to melt my credit cards buying suppressors and sbrs before the trust gravy train ends. I know you guys have your reasons for not getting trusts, but don't understand it...

I'm thinking of the same thing, trying to get two suppressors and one more SBR next month or so.

Noroar1

Jul 20, 2013
    What do you guys put for storage location on Schedule A of your trust? now that I have a SBR stamp came back I assume I have to put that one my Schedule A when I submit a new application for another suppressor or SBR? would "a safe in my basement" be something valid? or is the ATF looking for an address?

cougar7890

Oct 2, 2008
    What do you guys put for storage location on Schedule A of your trust? now that I have a SBR stamp came back I assume I have to put that one my Schedule A when I submit a new application for another suppressor or SBR? would "a safe in my basement" be something valid? or is the ATF looking for an address?

yes you will need to submit schedule A with your new app. I put my address as location and new applications were approved.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Why would a trust make BATFE more efficient when it comes to 5320.20 forms for interstate travel?

Stamps I can see but I don't see why a trust makes BATFE more efficient when processing 5320.20 forms.

Sorry I was just speaking to the MSP sign-off.

I sure hope you are right..I mailed mine by paper about the same time (with a trust - dont remember when the check cashed - somewhere near the end of july) and getting my Saker 7.62 would be a NICE Christmas present!

I pulled out my paperwork and the check got cleared July 23. Now Im getting kinda anxious! Now Im really hoping it comes in before Christmas...:ohnoes:

jason.krywicki

Sep 8, 2007
    GB, MD
    I pulled out my paperwork and the check got cleared July 23. Now Im getting kinda anxious! Now Im really hoping it comes in before Christmas...:ohnoes:

My check cleared 7/22 and my paper Form 4 was approved 11/18. Now, unfortunately, the stamp hasn't been received by my dealer yet, but I'm guessing this week sometime I'll get the call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom