• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dgtaurus

Feb 17, 2011
    Pasadena
    No offense, but I don't think you want to think cheap for a trust. I am sure other may disagree.

It's worth spending a lil extra IMO to have a face to face service, someone you can call etc. I went with Brittany Stouffer who is now an IP. She did such a great job, the wife and I hired her to do a will for us as well.

Just my .02

What did that cost you for the NFA part if you dont mind me asking? I completely understand wanting to get it done right I just only have X to work with. If i can find an affordable way to do it that will still covers my butt id be happy with that.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Just ask yourself how much you'll save compared to having the Men in Black knock on your door asking about this worthless piece of paper that was your trust.

I'm not saying throw your money away, but make sure who ever does your trust knows what they are doing.

Good Luck!!!
    Jim Smith

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    What did that cost you for the NFA part if you dont mind me asking? I completely understand wanting to get it done right I just only have X to work with. If i can find an affordable way to do it that will still covers my butt id be happy with that.

I paid like $300 or so for an attorney to set up my revocable living trust. Don't do a trust if you're going to do 1 NFA item. It's not worth it.

If you establish a trust, plan to do more.

Noroar1

Jul 20, 2013
    Just had my first sbr approved in a email a few weeks ago, but still haven't received the actually paperwork yet, does anyone know how long it takes between you get the approval in the email and when you get the actually paperwork in the mail?

Noroar1

Jul 20, 2013
    It's my first SBR so I really don't know, the PDF approved form had a big "DRAFT" written on it so I thought they will mail me the actually paperwork.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    It's my first SBR so I really don't know, the PDF approved form had a big "DRAFT" written on it so I thought they will mail me the actually paperwork.

Nope. No paperwork, but it shouldn't say draft. You'll want to login to the eForm system and use the 'Ask the Experts' function to tell them your APPROVED form still has 'DRAFT' on it and they'll send you a new one via email.

That said, my form has a small problem that I alerted ATF to before summer and they just kept say YEAH WE'LL LOOK INTO IT and I gave up bugging them in August.

Noroar1

Jul 20, 2013
    ok, thanks, I just logged in and posted a question to the "ask the expert", hopefully they'll get back to me soon. Anyways, where do you guys go to engrave your lower? do you have to send it off somewhere? I just called 2A and they said they send theirs off to a company in another state but I prefer to have it done locally.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    ok, thanks, I just logged in and posted a question to the "ask the expert", hopefully they'll get back to me soon. Anyways, where do you guys go to engrave your lower? do you have to send it off somewhere? I just called 2A and they said they send theirs off to a company in another state but I prefer to have it done locally.

Engage and Bollingers come to mind. Probably Hafer's too, but give 'em a call.

Noroar1

Jul 20, 2013
    yeah, just called them, will visit their store tomorrow to get my lower engraved and plus pick up one more psa lower. Rollingers is an official psa dealer.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Just had my first sbr approved in a email a few weeks ago, but still haven't received the actually paperwork yet, does anyone know how long it takes between you get the approval in the email and when you get the actually paperwork in the mail?

How long was your wait? I just submitted a new form today.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Form submitted on 9/9/14, approval email sent to me on 10/28/14. Almost two months.

I shouldn't complain (I've waited over 7mos in the past), but I was really hoping that approval times would be closer to 1 month with eforms.

Nope. No paperwork, but it shouldn't say draft. You'll want to login to the eForm system and use the 'Ask the Experts' function to tell them your APPROVED form still has 'DRAFT' on it and they'll send you a new one via email.

That said, my form has a small problem that I alerted ATF to before summer and they just kept say YEAH WE'LL LOOK INTO IT and I gave up bugging them in August.

For my $200 I would like my stamp

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I just checked and have two items go pending Paper Trust Form 4s Nov 19th. They said look for approval around June 2015. I am hoping for sooner, of course.

Dave

mikey6480

Aug 6, 2011
    I just got my first stamp back (suppressor). I went the trust route, submitted the first couple days of July (check cleared July 15th), and the stamp came back this week (dated Nov 12th). Paper submission from Duffy's. Looks like the ATF are starting to get these out quicker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom