• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • janxster

Sep 15, 2012
    i picked up an 80% from eplowers in pink for my wife. she doesn't like the color. it looks purple compared to the pink hogue grip. any suggestions on what to use to change the color to a different shade of pink? will duracote or cerecote work on the polymer? how about dye? what type/brand?

bigjoe

bigjoe
    Oct 1, 2012
    Ellicott City
    It would say prime it then duracoat it.. always worked for me with Aluminum 80%. I am curious what do you think of the EP lower I have been looking at buying one but I heard they need some hand fitting / sand etc in the magwell and mag catch area.... you think its worth the cash? Thanks

janxster

Sep 15, 2012
    i got a blem for $35 and don't really see the blemish unless its a tiny mark under the trigger guard. so unless it breaks i'd say its worth it. i'm building a 22 for my wife.

Cyclone

Jr. Zombie Killer
    Jan 25, 2010
    Rosedale, MD
    That looks a lot better for me. Same exact color will prolly look more of like toyish. That is more of like two toned in same color but different in shade...

janxster

Sep 15, 2012
    Got a ? for you... Did you encounter holes in the magwel or inside the trigger pocket on that? i might get the pink one too but there are reviews about the colored ones have these flaws...
    there is divit in magwell smaller than a a pin head. i haven/'t done the trigger pocket yet.

Cyclone

Jr. Zombie Killer
    Jan 25, 2010
    Rosedale, MD
    yay... somebody told me that little hole goes thru the fire control pocket and opens up. let me know the extent once u finished it as i am about to order one too... thanks

janxster

Sep 15, 2012
    yay... somebody told me that little hole goes thru the fire control pocket and opens up. let me know the extent once u finished it as i am about to order one too... thanks
    it goes thru to the bolt release where it is smaller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom