• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tapeman1

Ultimate Member
    Aug 31, 2012
    Severna Park, MD
    I'm thinking about joining, but I want to know if they have any rules against steel cased ammo like some other ranges do. I checked the rules page on their site and it doesn't say anything about it, but sometimes those pages aren't really up to date. Do any of the members here shoot steel case there or know what their policy is?

Last edited:

jhcrab

Jun 28, 2012
    Howard Co.
    AGC Range

I'm thinking about joining, but I want to know if they have any rules against steel cased ammo like some other ranges do. I checked the rules page on their site and it doesn't say anything about it, but sometimes those pages aren't really up to date. Do any of the members here shoot steel case there or know what their policy is?

You first have to join one of the Club's associated with the AGC Range (I suggest Monumental R&P) then go through a Range orientation. The next step is to purchase a Range Badge and then you are good to go ! I have been a member for 25+ years and I really enjoy going there. PM me if you need any further info.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    You first have to join one of the Club's associated with the AGC Range (I suggest Monumental R&P) then go through a Range orientation. The next step is to purchase a Range Badge and then you are good to go ! I have been a member for 25+ years and I really enjoy going there. PM me if you need any further info.

You MAY want to wait now until after July 1st, it goes down 75 bucks at halftime.....

tapeman1

Ultimate Member
    Aug 31, 2012
    Severna Park, MD

Yeah, the next meeting for Monumental is next Saturday. I'm going to that and signing up then.

I went to the club a few months back just to check it out. That place is nice.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Have also been a member for 30 years or so, great place to spend the day with a lot of nice people. Keep it safe and you not have any problems. As far as ammo I'm pretty sure the only ammo banned are tracers, setting the woods on fire would not be cool.
    Welcome and enjoy!

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    AFAIK the steel-core issue is only because of indoor range backstops. An outdoor range with an earth berm shouldn't really care too much about steel-core bullets damaging their backstop.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Yeah, the next meeting for Monumental is next Saturday. I'm going to that and signing up then.

I went to the club a few months back just to check it out. That place is nice.

The May 18 meeting is our Spring Fling Picnic for the members. We will be accepting new members that day but the range orientations will be held later (can be arranged with the club instructor) so that every one can enjoy the food and the company of fellow shooters!

anil

Sep 28, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    The May 18 meeting is our Spring Fling Picnic for the members. We will be accepting new members that day but the range orientations will be held later (can be arranged with the club instructor) so that every one can enjoy the food and the company of fellow shooters!

Thanks for mentioning this.

I was also thinking of going to the May 18th to get signed up; Will probably wait until the July meeting, then.

highfructosecornsyrup

Apr 2, 2012
    baltimore city
    Aint that the truth.

I'm going to be buying some land in WV in a few years too. How big is your lot? I'm wondering how much is enough to be able to shoot and not worry about the neighbors. We're thinking about buying 20ish acres.

long story short, my mothers side is from Monroe co. west va. My grandfather left to work on a farm with his cousins family to work on the eastern shore here in MD. Knowing his fate in the infantry him and his cousin enlisted for ww2. herbert went to be a cartographer in the south pacific and Ralph (grandpops) went to drive a tank (12th armored). He came back, went to west va for a while then came to baltimore to work at the steel mill (both grand pops worked there after the war) and in his wild days of being shell shocked and getting in bar fights, he met my grandmother after one of those fights. I believe she was cleaning up his wounds haha.

My parents have 5 acres in a field. We have bb guns, sling shots, bow and arrow and 4 ATVs. We dont shoot there much but since family owns hundreds and hundreds of acres all over the place we pretty much have our choices. We respect the neighbors and go up to my great uncles orchid mostly, my cousin has 100 yrds marked off. It really is amazing and we go out there several times a year. MY parents go out every month. Less and less fam is living there but inheriting land from old family dying off.

We are around 80 years of family reunions now...

Damn right! Shoot whatever you want, rapid fire. Great range great people.

JUST DONT GO IN THE MORNINGS DURRING THE WEEK!(then i can have the range to myself lol)

I find my self there on early mondays. Im the only one on 200 yrds and its nice! :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom