• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bratgirllcp

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2013
    Grasonville MD
    I seen info about Utah ccw my main objective is to be legal
    so I have questions i read its difficult to obtain a carry permit in MD sooo
    are people getting one from Utah to carry here in MD??? there are schedules you can go to for $100.00 and info gets sent to Utah? that seems so simple
    I had doc appt in Annapolis yesterday then stopped at Anglers had a question about gun we got there a week ago but was afraid to take it along due to all the activity in Annapolis yesterday all i had to do was be in a car accident and cops found the gun O M GOSH. i want to be able to leave my property and not worry about a felony, another thing i saw on here clean your gun before using it the first time? im still waiting for it (3 weeks) and was told i could go to gun store and shoot it but cant leave with it?? who cleans it or does it not get cleaned ????? OR maybe Im getting ahead of myself and should just chill till I have it home thanks in advance...
    Had a job last yr when i went to bank daily.... wish i would have done all of this then, my bad just did not know

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Utah does not allow you to carry in MD. It does allow you to carry in the surrounding states and many states in the country.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    You can transport a gun to a gunsmith. We have had discussions on whether the law permits intermediate stops.

Yesterday, with the President in Annapolis, was probably not a day to risk this.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    As a general rule, I clean EVERY gun when I come into possession of it, new or used.

There's a few reasons for this.

1. Breaking it down, cleaning and reassembling allows me to become more familiar with a particular firearm - which is never a bad thing.

2. I have my own preferred products (lubricants, bore treatments) that I like to apply before I fire the first round.

3. Even in brand new guns you can occassionally find something obstructing the bore or internals (heavy grease (cosmoline on older guns), packing material, even pieces of zip-ties (as odd as that may sound) have been found in places they shouldn't be), which can have "unfavorable results" if not noticed but a round is fired anyways.

4. I also like to inspect for any type of defects that may have slipped past QC (quality control), though it's not a main focus, I do like to thoroughly inspect new acquisitions just to put my mind at ease.

As far as the Utah permit, I'm taking a class very soon (within 96 hours to be more specific). While it'll mean dick here in MD., it will allow me to conceal-carry in neighboring states, which will be nice since I'd prefer to be concealed at times.

Any questions you may have, we'll try to help, or at least point you to someone with a greater depth of knowledge on a particular subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom