• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bratgirllcp

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2013
    Grasonville MD
    Mornin' I'm waiting for my first gun ......... WHEN I recieve it should I look into getting a permit to carry??? or just carry it and do nothing? I want to be legal and do it correctly
    reading alot of websites may have to purchase a handbag especially to carry a Taurus 605 ? I think i need something,,,, what kind of holster?? OR should I just wait till I get it then do more research like someone said
    thanks for your ideas. Brat ps think spring!

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Great! Glad you've decided to take on the responsibility of owning a gun! I'd suggest doing a lot of research before making your purchase.

In Maryland, you may not carry a handgun without a permit specifically allowing you to do so. It's quite difficult to get, but there are lawsuits currently underway to help reduce the difficulty. Please make sure you study the law for yourself, it's a gun owners responsibility to know and follow the law at all times.

-Jim

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    Um, you have legal obligations to follow to legally carry a firearm in the state of MD.
    It is a long and arduouos process that may or may not happen.

In the meantime, like I tell all my friends, practice a lot and then practice some more with your firearms.

bratgirllcp

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2013
    Grasonville MD
    Jim & Crabby: THANKYOU I did see you need a permit I use to be a office admin and should have gotten my gun and permit last yr when I took money to and from the bank BUT did not now I have no reason to carry one I'm not in danger, no threats to me etc so it will be a bear to even try dang!!! sure do not want to get pulled over by cops or in a wreck and not be legal to have it on me!!!! I'm very excited to go to ranges with hubby who has had guns all his life. Brat

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    If you carry without a permit anywhere besides your own private property and get caught say goodbye to your handgun and right to own firearms for the rest of your life, it's a felony. Apply for a permit if you wish but unless you have a "good and substantial reason" to carry a concealed firearm you will just be throwing money at the Maryland state police for an interview and a denial of a permit. Take your gun to a range and get to know it, shoot it often and enjoy it. Come down to Annapolis on Wednesday February 6th and join other gun owners in our rally to kill the nonsense gun laws our politicians are trying to ram down our throats we need women, men and families to stand up and be heard.

bratgirllcp

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2013
    Grasonville MD
    thanks Jed195 for the info sweetie im so ansty to go to a range and shoot hubby got me 2 boxes of .38 can i get more ammo when I go to a range AND if I dont use it all can I take the ammo home with me or is it just to be used at that range?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    thanks Jed195 for the info sweetie im so ansty to go to a range and shoot hubby got me 2 boxes of .38 can i get more ammo when I go to a range AND if I dont use it all can I take the ammo home with me or is it just to be used at that range?

dont shoot your hubby!! :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom